Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Bars closed or open  (Read 3017 times)

Jimmy

• View Profile
Bars closed or open
« on: October 14, 2016, 09:35:14 AM »
anyone know if the bars will be open on Sunday?  I have been cruising the forums and I can't seem to find any information

nookiebear

• View Profile
Re: Bars closed or open
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 03:20:21 PM »
Bars are closed on Sunday

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 06:59:42 PM »
As of this afternoon, people were still waiting to hear from the gov what the plans and protocols are for the period of mourning.  Ae told me that local teevee channels are dark for 30 days. You may have noticed that the facebook cover and profile and LINE profile  photos of some Thais are black.   People should wear black or black & white for the next YEAR.  All of this needs to be confirmed as you are hearing it third-hand.   I don't know what if anything is appropriate for falang, but think any kind rowdy, disrespectful behavior would be frowned upon.

Additions here are welcome.

Tks.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 07:02:58 PM by Rex (Admin) »

JustinCase

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 08:42:41 PM »
Bars are closed on Sunday

Correct. Sunday is the last day of Lent and the sale of alcohol is prohibited.

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 07:47:58 AM »
My true visions is still just covering the current situation.  My kids are missing there cartoons, gone to you tube for the kids.  Hope it comes back on soon.  I noticed Big C, Tesco and others have stopped selling alcohol, the little Chinese shop i get my jim beam from is still selling.  She really don't seem to care about things like holidays and what not.   

Today is going to be a good day to BBQ.  I am off to Laos on Monday for my first ever visa trip.  In the past always got my visa's in America.  This ought to be an experience.   

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 02:07:30 PM »
True Visions is back to normal so the kids are happy.  Drove by the bars in front of Sofi tel (Pullman i guess its called now) and there was a couple of bars already serving.  Being the end of lent I will give my sunday session a miss this week.  Picked up some great looking bone in pork chops from Tops international this morning.  Gonna be good with the drink i picked up yesterday. 

I was very surprised at the amount of westerners living in Khon Kaen now, i saw more in the mall today then i ever saw back when i lived here before.  We are no longer alone i guess. 

Pianoman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 05:34:28 AM »
True Visions is back to normal so the kids are happy.  Drove by the bars in front of Sofi tel (Pullman i guess its called now) and there was a couple of bars already serving.  Being the end of lent I will give my sunday session a miss this week.  Picked up some great looking bone in pork chops from Tops international this morning.  Gonna be good with the drink i picked up yesterday. 

I was very surprised at the amount of westerners living in Khon Kaen now, i saw more in the mall today then i ever saw back when i lived here before.  We are no longer alone i guess.

True Visions is semi back, but nothing even close to "Normal"...  News and some documentary channels but no Movies, Series, Kid shows, etc..

Pianoman

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2016, 06:32:21 AM »
the cartoon channels are back for sure.  The kids been watching all day yesterday.

Pianoman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 05:32:47 PM »
the cartoon channels are back for sure.  The kids been watching all day yesterday.

Sorry for my Mistake...  I hadn't turned off my True Box, so it was not Up Graded...  Yes, at least Cartoons are back..

Pianoman