Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Extension renewal  (Read 1286 times)

russell17au

• View Profile
Re: Extension renewal
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2018, 06:39:41 PM »
Actually if you want to follow the rules then it is the person who has the blue book for the property that fills in the TM30, you fill in the TM28 and the TM47 is for your 90 day report. A lot of people only fill in the TM30 for the address but that is incorrect. It is the property owner who fills in the TM30 notifying that an alien is staying there and you fill in the TM28 notifying them of your address. That is the correct legal procedure so at any time any immigration office can enforce that procedure and if you do not follow that procedure then you can be fine. To be safe I always do both, TM30 for my wife as the owner and TM28 for me as the alien.

fceligoj

• View Profile
Re: Extension renewal
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2018, 04:33:12 PM »

Just a point of clarification, it is NOT the owner only who is responsible for the TM 30.  It is the house master, the owner does not have to be in the Blue Book, it is the principal occupier who is responsible and is the first name in the Blue Book.  My wife owns a townhouse on Soi 31, but since she also owns the house in our village and is the principal resident in the village, she CANNOT be the principal resident in her house on Soi 31.  Her son is the principal resident on Soi 31 and is the first name in the Blue Book.  So if a farang would be staying at the Soi 31 address, the son would be the one to submit the TM30.

I just went through after arriving from Cambodia this past month.  My wife submitted the TM 30, but thank goodness I was there with my passport.  They wanted proof of the 'person' residing at the address.  Then they also asked her verbally if I were at the residence.  Too much double and triple redundancy checking and rechecking, just like what happened this past Wednesday when I got my Retirement Extension.