Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Renewal of Retirement extension / 90 day Report  (Read 6471 times)

LungBing

• View Profile
Re: Renewal of Retirement extension / 90 day Report
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2019, 05:18:14 PM »
I suspect that its not the sum of 100 baht that's important but a transaction  of some sort, withdrawal or deposit, that causes the bank book to be updated that day to reflect the transaction.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2019, 05:07:44 PM »
I did the renewal of my retirement extension today at Khon Kaen Immigration.  Other than the fact that IMM was crowded and it took a long time for my number to be called, I spent about 30 minutes once called on.  ALL IS GOOD IN KKC!

First, got called by Station #1 I/O.  When I told him I was there to get my retirement extension based upon the monthly income method, he looked like he just got a migraine.  He picked up everything I brought and gave it back to me to go see the I/O supervisor in the enclosed office.

Second, after the niceties, she asked if I had any documentation on my previous year's income, such as a letter from the USG, i.e., Social security Admin, a letter from my employer, i.e., Lockheed Martin, and anything thing else to support.  I also had with me my IRS 2018 Form 1040 and some other documentation from my private retirement account from which I withdraw funds.  (She was pleased.)

Then she looked at the rest of the material I had to support the monthly income requirements.
  • 1-year Bank Statement.
  • Bank Book and a copy of it. (never opened it.)
Even though I had an online copy of my bank statements, she could have cared less.

She then said that next year, I needed to provide them a small spread sheet (see attached) to be presented in front of the 1-year bank Statement.  (She penciled one together as we spoke and put it on top of the bank statement to go back to the I/O.

So, here is the list of items to be provided:

• Extension Application with picture.
  • Passport with a copy of the pertinent pages.
  • TM6 and 90-Day Report receipt
  • Proof of residency (Yellow Book.)
  • 1-year Bank Statement, making sure there is an entry in the month that you are submitting the application.  She also suggest to highlight the International Transfers.
  • A small spread sheet of "My Income".
  • Bank Book and a copy of the pages for the whole year (they really never looked at the book except to flip the pages quickly, or the copy of the pages I provided.)
Once done with the supervisor, went back out with the papers to the I/O.  She yelled out something to him about "not a problem."

I paid my fee.  Gave him 2,000 baht (2-1,000 baht bills), and got a receipt for 1,900 baht - enough said!

He finished the process and took it back to the supervisor.  A minute of two later, she brought out the package and told him to have me SIGN EVERY DAMN PAGE!  (Guess Bangkok IMM Auditors are sticklers for that.)

It was pretty benign.  So, the I/O's don't process the monthly income evaluation, the supervisor does (at least for me.)

PS.  The supervisor said to make sure you have equal to or greater than the 65K baht per month, or it would really be a problem.

LungBing

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2019, 05:23:33 PM »
Thanks very much for that.  Mine is due in two weeks and I am in the same boat as you.
Did you mean to attach a copy of the spreadsheet?  It would be most useful.
Thanks again

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2019, 05:31:21 PM »
I just remembered that I did not attach.  Here it is, sort of generic.  I should have done it without being asked, but wasn't sure it would be what they wanted.  Now we know, at in August and September of 2019!  But she was adamant about needing it next year.

So you would be ahead of the 'game' if you supplied it this year, LungBing!

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2019, 05:50:27 PM »
I left one item out, the supporting income data from 2018.

So, here is the list of items to be provided:
  • Extension Application with picture.Passport with a copy of the pertinent pages.TM6 and 90-Day Report receiptProof of residency (Yellow Book.)1-year Bank Statement, making sure there is an entry in the month that you are submitting the application.  She also suggest to highlight the International Transfers.A small spread sheet of "My Income".
  • 2018 income information; such as, letter from gov't, employer notification of monthly retirement income, other income notifications, your tax return form showing gross income (in US, IRS Form 1040.)
  • Bank Book and a copy of the pages for the whole year (they really never looked at the book except to flip the pages quickly, or the copy of the pages I provided.)

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2019, 07:40:11 PM »
Unless something dramatic happens over the next 6-9 months, no more comments on extensions from me.

I have provided the recommended list of items to be brought to immigration for the extension, per the supervisor there.

Savannah20

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2019, 07:32:36 AM »
Today is my turn at KK Immigration doing the 65k a month process for retirement extension. Thanks for the info Frank.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2019, 09:00:18 AM »
Savannah, it seems the I/O's really do not like having to deal with the monthly deposits.  They like to look at the 1-year statement only for the last 2-3 months to check to make sure either 800,000 or 400,000 baht have been seasoned in the account, retirement or marriage respectively.

avvocato

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2019, 11:09:48 AM »
I just remembered that I did not attach.  Here it is, sort of generic.  I should have done it without being asked, but wasn't sure it would be what they wanted.  Now we know, at in August and September of 2019!  But she was adamant about needing it next year.

So you would be ahead of the 'game' if you supplied it this year, LungBing!
Hi Frank: Just to be clear, is this income spreadsheet showing transferred to Thailand only?Fred

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2019, 12:01:38 PM »
Frank should answer, but it "must" be income and not transfers because the transfers are appear on the bank statement, in the bank book  and as affirmed by the bank letter.   OTOH, this would not be the first bit of useless paper they have demanded.

This new requirement of wanting the source of the income is annoying. The income affidavit letter they accepted for decades says quote-unquote "I also affirm that I receive a monthly income of $____________ from sources in the United States."

It does not specific the nature and sources of this income. 

avvocato

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2019, 01:33:24 PM »
I was only asking because of the three months, showing two separate streams of incomes, only one of which had a amount of less than 65,000 baht from the one stream. Next year I'll have my Minimum Required Distribution from my IRAs which I may or may not transfer in whole or in part to Thailand depending on need/exchange rate/etc.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2019, 03:11:02 PM »
Let me be very clear, they don't care where the income is produced as long as it comes to Thailand as an International Transfer.  I expect it should be in one bank account.  If you have two streams of income that are shown in two different accounts, from what I saw on ThaiVisa, you may have a slight problem.

The supervisor, not the I/O, asked me if I was retired.  She also asked me if I had some information with me from 2018 showing my income, which I provided (just so happened that to be ready, I had it with me.)  This did not bother me.  I WANTED TO MAKE THEIR LIFE EASY AND IN TURN, MY LIFE EASY!!!!

I also had my 2019 letter from the Social Security Administration, and my 2019 letter from my employer, which I provided. (When we could use the US Embassy letter as 'proof' of income, I always attached these two letters to the Embassy letter when applying for my extension.)

If you are  concerned about providing this personal information, don't bring it with you or at least do not provide it to them.

Oh yes, the supervisor could care less if I was transferring out of my account the money right after getting the money deposited.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2019, 04:23:32 PM »
Frank, letter from you "employer"?  You man an employer who is paying retirement benefits?

Thanks again for your time and careful reporting.  Very helpful.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2019, 05:02:14 PM »
Yes.  My old company from which I retired has an employee service center online.  Any time that I wish to get a letter of confirmation of my pension benefits, I can request.  It goes to my sister's house (I use it as my US address), and she scans and sends to me.

Savannah20

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2019, 07:44:59 PM »
I am now good until Sept 4, 2020. Brought all the stuff Frank detailed and a copy of my wife's Thai ID. They kept everything. I asked about changing to a marriage visa. The supervisor at KK Immigration said to have 400,000 baht in the bank at least two months prior to Sept 4, 2020. Glad its done.