Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Renewal of Retirement extension / 90 day Report  (Read 3120 times)

retfed50

• Retired from US Government. Here since Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Renewal of Retirement extension / 90 day Report
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2017, 02:00:34 PM »
Did my 90 day report and Extension this morning. The same I/O did both together and I was in and out in 20 minutes. Very painless!

avvocato

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2017, 10:31:51 PM »
Did my 90 day report and Extension this morning. The same I/O did both together and I was in and out in 20 minutes. Very painless!
Did you do this at the 90 day reporting desk (#1) or one of the other desks?

retfed50

• Retired from US Government. Here since Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2017, 05:55:29 AM »
One of the other desks. He did the extension first and while waiting for the supervisor to approve the extension, he did the 90 day report.

kowpot

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2017, 06:36:01 AM »
Of course I have not been to all of the immigration offices in Thailand. But I think we have one of the best immigration offices here in Khon Kaen.

LungBing

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2017, 02:05:19 PM »
Certainly better than the long drive to Nong Khai to see officer "Mr. Happy"  as we used to do before KK office opened.

Savannah20

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2017, 07:08:33 PM »
Yesterday I got my retirement visa extension and a single exit/re-entry visa. Nothing new in the process except at the very end. I was given two original receipts, 1900 and 1000 baht. I was asked to go outside and make copies of the originals so immigration could have a copy. That was a first for me and qualified as a "whatever".

Very quiet yesterday. I got there at 8:40 and got ticket number 2, number 1 was already gone so no waiting at all.

Dave G

Shipm8te

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2017, 02:01:25 PM »
Annual extension today (retirement).  In and out in under 10 minutes.  All forms completed and copies made at home prior to arrival at immigration.  One thing new, when they issued my receipt, I had to go out and make a copy of the receipt for them.  No idea why but easy hoop to jump through.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2017, 04:00:57 PM »
Thanks for the report Shipm8te!  They are probably just trying to avoid carbon paper abuse!

avvocato

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2017, 08:35:32 PM »
Thanks for the report Shipm8te!  They are probably just trying to avoid carbon paper abuse!
What's carbon paper????

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2017, 09:35:23 AM »
What's carbon paper????

Better not tell you.  If I did, you might be tempted to abuse it!  roll

Reuben

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2019, 12:53:00 PM »
Can the annual renewal based on retirement be done 30 days early, or did I just dream that?

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2019, 12:55:17 PM »
You just dreamt it!  However, as it happens, your dream was true!   roll  I believe you an renew up to 45 days early.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2019, 04:08:02 PM »
I am not sure about the 45 days, but the last time I went in to submit my 90-Report, the woman on the Desk #2 said my next report would be 13 August.  She then checked the renewal date of my Retirement Extension, which is 12 September.  She then got out her calendar to check on my 90-day report date and my renewal of extension date, and told me I just made it and could renew both on the 13 of August.  This is at the 30 day early mark for my retirement extension.  So I assumed 30 days early was allowable for my extension.

Reuben

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2019, 04:11:19 PM »
Made my annual renewal today based on retirement using the monthly deposit amount of 65,000 baht or more.  Took over an hour to get approval.  First they didnít like the fact that in October last year two deposits were made, but not one in November (transfer arrived early).  Then they questioned the last two deposits from TransferWise that are listed as being received via SMART and wanted to know what that was. They also didnít like that I use a bank printout of transactions in stead showing my bank book which I couldnít use as I neglected to updated it often so many transactions didnít show.  Finally the boss in the back mulled it over for 30 minutes or so, she then asked if I had a copy of the Embassy Income Letter from last year which I luckily had.  After more looking and figuring I finally received my one year extension.  No mention of the infamous TM30.  This was my 20th renewal. Had documents read for extension based on marriage so could have done that if necessary. Will go the 800,000 baht route next year.  Good luck to all of you with extension in the near future.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2019, 04:40:04 PM »
Just saw this on the ThaiVisa Newsletter;

http://bit.ly/2Za3IO4

"I'm using the 65,000 baht method for my extension to stay. Khon Kaen immigration said I need two documents from the bank, one confirming international transfers the other current account status. The immigration officer said I need to show 12 months of international transfers, no leniency this year. That was as of two months ago so by now that may have changed or another IO may have a different view.

For me this means the confirmation documents from two Bangkok Bank accounts in two different provinces to show 12 months x 65,000 baht international transfers. Even though my Khon Kaen account has monthly transfers going back to January I need the confirmations for the last three months of 2018 from the distant branch (still in Esahn) to satisfy the IO. My bank books together clearly show at least 65,000/month for 12 months with the FTT code.

It's my understanding the document confirming international transfers is requested by me at the local branch and the request is sent off to bank HQ in Bangkok then I need to return in about seven days to receive the document. This would be a bit of a pain since it would require two three hour round trips driving to the other province. And I will be on a tight schedule to get it all done in time.

On to my questions:

Is it possible to Visit Bangkok Bank Silom with my bank books and get it all done there in one visit?

or the preferred method:

Is it possible to request documents for a Bangkok Bank in another province from my local Bangkok Bank?

I'm currently out of the country so I can't visit the bank and check myself."

« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 05:37:27 PM by Rex (Admin) »