Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Marriage Extension  (Read 527 times)

martin

• View Profile
Marriage Extension
« on: November 05, 2019, 07:11:57 AM »
If anybody has renewed their Marriage Extension very recently, did KK Immigration require a NEW marriage registration document คร 2?

I've got to renew my marriage extension of stay later this month and have, for the last 9 renewals, used the document we got from 2009 but have heard that, at other IOs, a recent copy of this document is required each renewal.

Thanks.

LungBing

• View Profile
Re: Marriage Extension
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 05:27:01 PM »
Why take the chance?  You have plenty of time to get a new one.  Better now while you have the time than to be in a rush because the IO refused your renewal because he got out of bed the wrong side.

russell17au

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 10:59:22 AM »
Yes, it is right that you now need an updated Kor Ror 2 for your extension renewal. This is available at the Amphur office for a fee of 20 baht. I believe that this is a new requirement every year now

Kajornsak

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 11:35:39 PM »
If you have kids, you can get an extension based on being the parent of a Thai. Much easier than marriage, 400k in the bank for just 1 month.

martin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 08:27:41 PM »
I renewed my Marriage Extension - Number 10 - today at KK IO. Arrived at 10.00 am, back on the road to visit friends nearby at 10.37 am - best performance ever! All paperwork was in order, including the new คร2 marriage registration form, so it sailed through very easily.

Unlike previous renewals, we didn't have the long questionnaire in Thai for my wife to answer - at last year's renewal, all that info. was entered onto the computer as we waited and I suppose it's still there. Filling out that form and having them scrutinise it took up quite a bit of time before.

My wife asked why the new-every-year คร2 was required now and was told that there were 'some people' who were divorced but continued to use the form to get a visa extension they no longer really qualified for. She was happy with that explanation and agreed it was a good thing.

Used money-in-the-bank method, as always.

No mention of health insurance - I was originally on a Non-O visa.

EDIT - also did 90-Day.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 07:16:26 AM by martin »