Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Renewal of Retirement extension / 90 day Report  (Read 6321 times)

avvocato

• View Profile
Renewal of Retirement extension / 90 day Report
« on: August 15, 2017, 02:49:55 PM »
 I would like some guidance in the timing for my yearly renewal of my retirement extension viz. my current 90 day report.

1. My Retirement extension of stay (based upon my Type O Non-Immigrant visa) permitted up to Tuesday 28 November 2017.

2. My 90 report “notice of address” is currently valid through Wednesday 1 November 2017 at Khon Kaen.

Should I just do the renewal of my extension on November 1, the same day I do a 90 day report? Are they separate transactions or will they be handled together? And will I need to go to another desk other than #1(Reports)?

Also any additions or changes to the documents required for Extension renewal from last year - http://khonkaenforum.net/index.php?topic=699.0 ?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 02:54:14 PM by avvocato »

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Re: Renewal of Retirement extension / 90 day Report
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 03:43:50 PM »
You can renew your extension 30 days prior to the expiry date.  Maybe even more than 30 days, but I am not sure about that.  So, there should be no problem doing your 90 day and your extension renewal on 1 Nov.  Sometimes the extension renewal and the 90 Day Report are handled as one transaction; they staple a little note in your PP advising you of the date of the next report.  Sometimes you have to go to the 90 Day window (desk) and do it separately.  I have had it both ways, could never figure out what the criteria was.  Have your TN47, et al ready so that you are covered either way.

retfed50

• Retired from US Government. Here since Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 07:20:28 AM »
I will be doing both of mine on the 21st. I will let you know how they handle it.

Red Parrot Fish

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 03:09:55 PM »
You can apply up to 45 days early.
Extensions and 90 day reports are handled in the same office.

LungBing

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 06:08:45 PM »
When  this happened to me last year they did the 90 day first, then I had to go and copy the new 90 day report slip to go with all the other paperwork to support the renewal of the retirement extension which they did next.

TerryLH

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 06:35:03 PM »
"When  this happened to me last year they did the 90 day first, then I had to go and copy the new 90 day report slip to go with all the other paperwork to support the renewal of the retirement extension which they did next."

In my experience it's the other way around.  You need the extension done first. 
You need the extension info for the 90 day reporting, but don't need the 90 day report to get an extension.
But you situation might be different than mine.

screamer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 12:29:13 PM »
So I'm right in thinking that you can't bypass a 90 day report (retirement visa) by simply doing a "visa run"?

mrpunch

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 01:01:56 PM »
If you mean a "visa run" to be what I think you mean, that is crossing a border and immediately returning, then as I understand it, your 90 day counter would indeed be reset.
Is my identity my own?
Why does anybody feel the need to f**k with it??

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 05:06:25 PM »
Did I read something no long ago about in-out border runs no longer being allowed or something?

Savannah20

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 06:03:49 PM »
I am pretty sure you would need to get an exit re-entry visa for Thailand before doing the visa run. If you don't get one, you have to re-apply for your retirement visa from scratch once you are back in Thailand.

DG

screamer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 06:24:09 PM »
OK thanks.

So a visa run might extend that part of the 90 days but not the bit to keep the retirement visa.

Windy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2017, 07:41:56 PM »
You can pay 1,900 baht and get a re-entry permit and that way keep your retirement extension, however if your just doing a 1 day out and back border run so you don't have to do a 90 day report (which is free) seems strange   ???

Sunset from my bedroom window

TerryLH

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2017, 02:39:54 AM »
"So a visa run might extend that part of the 90 days but not the bit to keep the retirement visa."

"You can pay 1,900 baht and get a re-entry permit and that way keep your retirement extension, however if your just doing a 1 day out and back border run so you don't have to do a 90 day report (which is free) seems strange   ???"

When you do a 90 day report you are not extending anything.  You are simply reporting that you have been in country 90 days, and giving them your address.
If you leave the country before you have been here 90 days, there is no report required.  Re-entering the country resets the clock - with the day you enter as Day 1. 
The process sort of makes sense, since when you re-enter the country you fill out an arrival card giving your address.

A re-entry permit costs 1000 baht for a single entry, and 3800 for a multiple entry permit.
The permit just preserves your permission to stay date.  It doesn't add any days to your stay.

Rex, since January you are allowed 2 visa exempt entries by land in a calendar year.  That's probably what you are referring to.

Terry

Savannah20

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2017, 11:39:24 AM »
Or you could try doing your 90 day report online the middle to end of October:

https://www.immigration.go.th/content/online_serivces

screamer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2017, 03:07:54 PM »
Thanks  smiley32