Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: AIS Streaming  (Read 4372 times)

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Re: AIS Streaming
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2017, 02:54:26 PM »
Thanks for the update, Jimmy.   I can still install apps as well.  Either it didn't happen I a misunderstand what they are talking about. There is just too much good much good stuffs such as Youtube and Ted Talks, just to name two.  And without that, the channels in the AIS package don't interest me enough to warrant the B900.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
UPDATE MAY 2018 : AIS Playbox
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2018, 07:15:00 PM »
UPDATE 16 MAY 2018 : AIS PLAYBOX, NO MORE THIRD-PARTY APPS

There is a longer discussion about this on ThaiVisa in case anyone is innerested => http://bit.ly/2rJrkr2

Last year, AIS sent SMSs to (some) subscribers announcing that at a certain date, the android Playbox would no longer support 3rd party apps.  AIS has been slowly updating subscribers operating systems in no particular order or pattern that anyone can discern. Speculation is that they are doing it this way to avoid a mass rebellion in case subscribers don't like it.  Who knows?  Two things we know: 

1. Some people who still have an old version of the Playbox (the actual box itself) and get upgraded do not notice any reduced functionality. 

2. No so with people with the newer versions like me.   They finally got around to doing me last week, and my boxes are indeed now "neutered" as they are referring to it on ThaiVisa. The interface is completely different. There is no way to download another launcher or any other apps, and as far as I can tell, cannot even play stuff from a flash drive.  So, now what I have got is simply a sort of cable box for B899/mo. but with all the minor aggravations of an internet device compared to actual cable or satellite.

Really pisses me off. That is not what I signed up for and am paying for.

My contract us up in a couple of months, at which time they can take back their boxes and shove them up their AIS!

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Area 51- ipv
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2018, 04:29:14 PM »
Thu 17 May 2018, 4:07 pm

Area 51  (sounds spooky, huh?)

I am behind the tech curve regarding teevee. I went for the AIS Playbox deal because it seemed easy, something I would not have to fool around with very much.  As it turns out, it was an expensive, unsatisfying, annoying, time-consuming mess. I am just now discovering that there are many iptv alternatives that meet or exceed the programming offered on Playbox, ranging from free (Mobrobo) to around US$20/mo for others.  Mobrobo seems OK, but the quality of the streaming is spotty and you are forced to watch several minutes of ads before accessing a channel, no way to bypass the ad that I have figured out.

I just signed up for another one, however "Area 51-"   http://bit.ly/2KulsJc which has gotten excellent reviews on Youtube, and turns out to have everything and more than Playbox. It takes 5-10 minutes to register online for the service and another 5-10 minutes to set it up on your android device.  The streaming seems pretty good so far.  The interface for selecting channels is clear and uncomplicated, and you can't beat the price US$5/mo! 

Red Parrot Fish

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2018, 09:44:47 AM »
I have tried most of these IPTV services and they are all ok up to a point.
Signed up with Area51 this morning and impressed so far.
All the channels anyone can need.
Time will tell. The big test is usually when they stream big live sports events.
At $5 a month it is not a lot to lose if it all goes wrong.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2018, 10:16:25 AM »
Maybe if you have a family with different cultures, languages and tastes, and spend a lot of time in front of the box,  BIG packages offering hundreds or thousands of channels is a major selling point. For me, however, single and not having mainstream tastes, I don't care how much programming they offer so long as the half-dozen programs I want are available.  I have not explored the vast Area 51- library to any extent, but just putting the low-lying fruit in my favorites makes me a happy camper:  Fox Nooze, CNN, BBC, etc. History, Nat Geo, Discovery. I'm good.  The rest of the time I am on YouTube or Udemy or TedTalks and am happy as a pig in mud!

Red Parrot Fish

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2018, 02:09:31 PM »
Being able to watch cricket live is enough for me. I missed that so much when I first came here.

Being from across the pond you probably wont even know what it is.lol

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2018, 07:12:38 PM »

I have a question before I go forward to do something with Area 51.

We have several Smart TVs and I do Netflix, et, on my laptop.  Using Area 51, can I just join and then when I want to sue, go on the internet and type-in an address, enter my user ID and password and be ready to go/

All I see on their website is ANDROIDs boxes, etc, nothing about just accessing their site and using a User ID and Password.

I can do this with HDPrime, Netflix, and UHDTV4K.com.

Just need a little direction from someone in the know before I commit.

mrpunch

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2018, 07:58:54 PM »
It looks as though the service is set up using the same WHCMS platform that is used by a number of other IPTV providers.

Assuming that that is the case then it will probably be possible to watch through a web browser but it won't be the most sophisticated interface.
Is my identity my own?
Why does anybody feel the need to f**k with it??

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2018, 07:42:44 PM »

Mr Punch, your 1st line.
Quote from: Mr Punch
It looks as though the service is set up using the same WHCMS platform that is used by a number of other IPTV providers.

Could you put that in simple English.  Really don't know what "WHCMS platform" is all about.  I am just a user of the app once it is installed, not a technocrat.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 08:57:44 PM by Rex (Admin) »

mrpunch

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2018, 05:40:39 PM »

Mr Punch, your 1st line.
Quote from: Mr Punch

Could you put that in simple English.  Really don't know what "WHCMS platform" is all about.  I am just a user of the app once it is installed, not a technocrat.

It's just the system that the provider uses to setup and maintain the service. As an end user itsi not really important, especially as a lot of iptv companies use the same system. As an end user there are a number of apps you can use. It comes down to personal preference which one you use but some examples would be:

StbEmu
Perfect Player
ProgTV
IPTV Smarters
Kodi

My personal choice is StbEmu which mimics a Mag250. This gives an interface which is just like a cable ir satellite box.
Is my identity my own?
Why does anybody feel the need to f**k with it??