Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: The Computer Doctor is In!  (Read 1201 times)

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
The Computer Doctor is In!
« on: July 31, 2017, 08:02:27 PM »
Mon 31 Jul 2017, 7:47 pm  smiley32

Speak Thai

The Computer Doctor is in!
Let master technician, Mr. Somchai, be your guy for all computer niggles, big or small.
Former lead tech for Khon Kaen Thailand, Inc.

 Hardware & software issues fixed quick!
 Install Windows 10 & other software.
 Suggest & procure equipment and software at best quality & prices.
 Comes to your place in Khon Kaen.
 Fair Prices.

Mr. Somchai 081-545-1381
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 09:20:02 PM by Rex (Admin) »

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Re: The Computer Doctor is In!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 12:06:29 PM »
Mr. Somchai just left. The main issues (which he partially resolved yesterday) was a FILTHY computer, full of cat hair and dust and cooties and stuff  that was causing the thing to short and not  load Windows.  He brought his leaf blower and cleaned out the chassis really good. That seems to have solved a number of other performance issues including what I thought was a monitor on it's last legs.  He also solved some network printer issues and got me up to speed on an app that allows you to print from my phone.  I don't have much need for that, but it is whey kewl.  B800 total for both visits!

avvocato

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 07:52:19 AM »
Was that a Microsoft approved leaf blower?  ;D

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 08:25:30 AM »
Absolutely!

screamer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 01:22:09 PM »
Is this it?

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 09:16:05 AM »
In the middle of an important project (naturally!), my RAM died, screen went black, computer would not boot.  Damn!  I hate it when that happens.  However, Mr. Somchai arrive within two hours of our phone call.  Diagnosed the problem immediately as dead RAM. Explained my options.  Went to the computer shop to buy more RAM.  Came back but discovered the RAM was not compatible with my system.  :o{  Another quick trip to the computer shop and I was back online in a few minutes.  B550 service, B1,500 for the RAM.  Not the best nor the worst price for the RAM, but a B1,500 I didn't need yesterday.

Anyway, oil is well that ends well. 

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Windows 10 installed
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 12:56:22 PM »
Tue 14 Nov 2017, 12:43 pm

Nice to see Mr. Somchai's smiling face today.  He upgraded one of the computers to Windows 10 and the latest Office.  It took quite a long time, a couple of hours or more, but every thing seemed to to without a hitch and it was good to know he was on hand to avert any problems.  If everything seems OK, we will have him do the second computer next week.   B500.

I have no problem with  Windows 7 and have been putting off the upgrade till the last possible moment.  Could have dragged it into next year, I suppose, but some things came up this week and I decided to bite the bullet and get it done. Gawd, how different from the old days, huh?  I remember the run up to Windows 95, discussion and speculation and debate was all over the internet.  Microsoft kept delaying the release date.  Everyone was peeing in their panties to get a hold of the "revolutionary" upgrade. Windows 7 has turned out to be the best of the bunch.  Windows 10 looks pretty good so far.  Wish a gave a poop!  Just a chore to get done and dusted, one that even the late-adopters like me are going to have to get done sooner or later.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 02:59:34 PM »
Rex, check your messages.  Frank

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 09:28:29 PM »

If you need another alternative for getting either hardware or software or both issues solved with your computer, this is the place to go.  I highly recommend them to solve any computer problem.

They are an impeccable source for solving computer hiccups.  It is the J-Net Computer Service Shop.  They have several senior hardware and software capable technicians, all very competent.

Last year I had 2 hardware problems, my HDD was dying and my CD Player went dead.  I started to have hardware sector errors on my HDD until it corrupted my 2nd partition, which housed my Windows 7 OS.

I took it to J-Net since my wife swears by them.  First trip, they replaced my HDD and also the CD Player, totally saved everything in my XP partition, including Adobe Acrobat Pro, but could not recover the Windows 7 OS.  Said they needed my original Window 7 disk, which I didn't have here in Thailand since my techie in the US did all the work for me, or a new Windows 7 installation kit.  I did not want to spend the 4,000-9,000 baht for Windows 7 Pro so I limped along on XP until it too became a real performance issue.  Then I found an OEM reseller who sole Windows 7 Pro for about 3,000 baht so I bought it.

Sat around for about 2 months since we were so busy with holiday travel, etc.  Yesterday went to J-Net and checked on their availability to install the new Windows 7.  Took it in this morning, the technician was leery of replacing XP with W& so he recommended we leave XP alone in its partition and install W7 in the 2nd partition.  Well, it took less than 2 hours and I am fully up and running.  They either resurrected my Adobe Acrobat Pro in that partition or installed a new one (-0- charge) plus installed several other programs that seem very appealing to use.

ALL OF THIS FOR ONLY 300 BAHT!!!  I think that was the same price when I had the hardware problems and they recovered my XP partition fully.  Of course, the price of the HDD and CD Player.

I was seriously considering Rex's source but felt more comfortable with J-Net.

kowpot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 07:41:01 AM »
Frank,
For future use possibly. Could you give an address or directions as to where they can be found? My system is aging and it would be good to have a place to go for repairs or replacement parts if necessary.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 11:43:22 AM »
Same issues that I have had.  My computer is about 8 years old.  I like it and I really like XP.  But times have changed and I need to move on to using Window 7.  (I have a new Windows 10 computer, about which I am not crazy.)

Here is a good link, phone number, shop hours, google maps and google street view.

http://thmaps.com/Khon-Kaen/Places/Khon-Kaen-Janet-Computers-Ltd--298548

Their main sales store is in Tukcom, even though they can sell at the shop too.

Pope Willie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 02:39:21 PM »
Speaking of computers, can anybody recommend a person who is good at Word Press or a shop that does web development in Khon Kaen ?

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 12:33:19 PM »
Can you be more specific? 

Pope Willie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2018, 02:49:38 PM »
I need some work done (image modifications) URL direction, on a landing page template. 

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2018, 12:47:08 PM »
I know you said Khon Kaen. If no luck with that, you might want to contact my web guy Luciano Vitetti lucianov.vitetti@gmail.com in Argentina.  He has done a lot of WP stuff for me; fast, quality work and very reasonable prices.  More back end than design, but he is very talented and  may be able to do what you need. Really nice guy, conversational English and no communication problems.