Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Thai Passport.  (Read 554 times)

UK1

• View Profile
Thai Passport.
« on: June 29, 2017, 02:14:33 PM »
My wifes Thai passport is due to expire soon. As we are arriving in KK in the next few weeks for a 4 week vacation we were wanting to pop into the KK passport office for renewal. Does anyone no what the regular turn around is for applying and recieving your new Thai passort .  I understand that passorts are sent via EMS mailing service ?. Also is the KK  passort office still at the portacabin buildings in the area around motor bike tax building.  Paul
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 02:19:41 PM by UK1 »

TerryLH

• View Profile
Re: Thai Passport.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 05:42:37 PM »
I don't think the location of the passport office has changed.
About a week to 10 days delivery, if I recall correctly.
One of the most efficient government offices, in my opinion.

UK1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 07:55:40 PM »
Thanks Terry. Another question if you can help. If we are not present when postal delivery comes at our KK  home how long will the postal service hold the document before return to passport office. The reason i ask we are in Thailand for 27days the first  4 days in KK and at that time frame will apply for Thai passort . After 4 days we going to Chang Mai for 7 days then back to KK  for the remaining days before we fly back UK.  Paul

UK1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 05:00:31 PM »
Got a answer to my question in my last post in this topic. The post office will hold the documents or letter for 7 days at the post office collection branch before returning it to sender.

Kajornsak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 09:45:37 PM »
My daughter got hers in 3 days.