Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Severe Muscle Cramps  (Read 1208 times)

fceligoj

• View Profile
Severe Muscle Cramps
« on: June 04, 2017, 03:15:15 PM »
I had been having severe muscle cramps for several years, but kind of ignored them, figuring I just needed to drink more water, which I cannot stand the 'taste.'

I started to play golf again and when the weather turned hot, and significant seating was a way of life, the cramps came back regularly.  Then they started to happen even after working around the house where sweating was the norm.

Reading up on the causes and the remedies on Google, I decided I needed to drink more electrolytes.  this helped but not 100%, not even 80%.

Then my wife said to let her check on Google in Thai.  She said it confirmed her suspicions that certain Vitamin Bs were lacking in my diet.  In Thailand, this happens quite often since they eat white rice and throw away all the nutrients of the Rice germ.  She said that V-fit Rice Germinating Cereal Milk would be a good source of the needed nutrients since Rice Germ was a main ingredient.  So I began to drink a glass every day and it seemed to really help, but every once in a while I would get a cramp or two after playing golf in the hot, humid weather.

The we found "Mega We Care" Nat B supplement.  (You can but it a the pharmacy at Big C or go online and buy with shipping to your address.  It really helps, no more cramps (at least for now.)  Should never say never though.  The ingredients are:

Each softgel of Nat B Contains :

Vitamin B1 (Thiamine Mononitrate) : 50 mg
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) : 50 mg
Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide) : 50 mg
Calcium Pantothenate : 50 mg
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) : 50mg
Vitamin B12 : 50mcg
Folic Acid : 100mcg
Choline Bitartrate : 50mg
Biotin : 50mcg
Inositol : 50mg

The softgel smells 'ugly', but if it works, who cares.  At least it doesn't smell as bad as fresh durian!

I am very pleased with the results.  I still drink my V-fit and Electrolytic drinks too.

screamer

• View Profile
Re: Severe Muscle Cramps
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 04:14:30 PM »
Try taking magnesium tablets as well.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 04:18:23 PM »
I add a splash of Gatorade or Aquarius (prefer Aquarius) to my water to make it more tasty and to get more electrolytes, especially after a bicycle ride.  Try it.  It may take away that feeling that drinking water is some kind of chore that you have to endure because it is "good for you."

Also, very good brown rice in supers.  Some of it is quite exotic and costly (only costly relative to the cheap rice, but still a pittance).  You can experiment with several different kinds until you find one that tastes good to you. I never eat white rice anymore except when I am eating out and it is all I can get.

Savannah20

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 07:19:19 PM »
Yet another reason to quit golf.  8)

LungBing

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 06:09:26 PM »
I always put a sqeeze of fresh lime in my drinking water.  But there again, I am a limey!

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 07:56:52 PM »
I usually drink 2-3 liters of iced tea every day, or more if I am working hard in the yard (sweating.)  Then I drink an electrolytic drink (easy to make from powder that I buy at Makro) on those days too.  When I go golfing, I take 1-600 ML of water and 2-600 ML bottles of the electrolytic drink.

Giving up golf would be like giving up your right arm (thank god that I am a lefty.)  When I had injured my back and knee (between work on a ladder and golf, times were tough not being able to go out and enjoy a round of golf!

I really think the lack of being able to get adequate Vitamin B-complexes into my system was the real culprit.  Now I am hooked on the self-made electrolytic drinks, and not Gatorade, I will continue to make it and drink it.  (I've attached a copy of the box of powder (in single packages, 10)

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 10:02:47 AM »
Several weeks ago, I read an article about Magnesium Citrate (can buy on Lazada) and how it aids in stopping muscle cramp.  All the other things I use, help but there are still times that a muscle or two cramp up especially in my hands.

I have now been using the Magnesium Citrate, and not only have I NOT had any cramps, but my whole body feels rejuvenated.  Just don't injest an inordinate amount of the stuff.

screamer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 01:40:21 PM »
See my post higher up :)