Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Exterior Paint  (Read 1048 times)

UK1

• View Profile
Exterior Paint
« on: June 03, 2017, 01:14:59 AM »
I  am  repainting the exterior of my home soon. And would like some information what is the best masonry paint and make to buy. Ive heard berger is a good make but was hoping for some  knowledge from members who have repainted there exterior of there home. Thanks in advance. P

fceligoj

• View Profile
Re: Exterior Paint
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 07:02:03 AM »
First of all, if you have any bare cement or concrete or bricks showing, you need to buy a concrete primer to put  first coat for those spots.  If not, the paint will just chip away over time.

We use TOA Shield-1 Flat on the house.  For our privacy wall, we use 4 Seasons, semi-gloss.  The semi-gloss does a better job of staying clean vs the flat.  Most people in our village use the flat for their privacy walls and they get black crud on them.  Seems when it rains the dirt and crud are washed off the semi-gloss.  (Never tried a semi-gloss on the house proper.)

avvocato

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 09:45:19 AM »
We have some 100% shady spots such as under our balcony that appear to have mold. Has anyone experience with anti-fungal additives or anti-fungal paints?

UK1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 01:40:40 PM »
I  am  repainting the exterior of my home soon. And would like some information what is the best masonry paint and make to buy. Ive heard berger is a good make but was hoping for some  knowledge from members who have repainted there exterior of there home. Thanks in advance. P
First of all, if you have any bare cement or concrete or bricks showing, you need to buy a concrete primer to put  first coat for those spots.  If not, the paint will just chip away over time.

We use TOA Shield-1 Flat on the house.  For our privacy wall, we use 4 Seasons, semi-gloss.  The semi-gloss does a better job of staying clean vs the flat.  Most people in our village use the flat for their privacy walls and they get black crud on them.  Seems when it rains the dirt and crud are washed off the semi-gloss.  (Never tried a semi-gloss on the house proper.)

Thanks Frank  for info. I  was going to use a undercoat  do you use TOA  make as concrete primer aswell as a top coat or other?. Would rather buy good durable paint than something that will not last  long.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 01:56:16 PM »
Avvocato,

We go to an expert paint company when we have a question.  You already know that any of the big material shops, Home Pro, Home Hub, etc, just hire people and train them in what they want them to do, no real expertise.

Go see:

Charoen Saeng Commercial Paint Co
86/7,86/8,86/9 Na Mueang Rd,
Tambon Nai Mueang, Amphoe Mueang Khon Kaen,
Chang Wat Khon Kaen 40000

043 236 266

UK 1, you can also check with them on what is the best way to do what you are planning.  Their prices are no worse than the big stores.

For example, we wanted to get the same color of paint that our house had on it.  Went to the village office and got the number.  None of the big stores even carried that color anymore (.  So we went to them, and they had the master list of the TOA, etc, paint suppliers, and custom mixed it for us!!  (The owner is a friend of my wife's.)