Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Send Message  (Read 1082 times)

screamer

• View Profile
Send Message
« on: May 29, 2017, 04:54:11 PM »
Anyone having problems sending a message?

I received a pm which I replied to but a day or 2 later wanted to re-read what I had sent but in "My Messages" I can only see "read your messages" as in inbox but no sign of a sent message folder.

So I thought I would try "send a message" but it just keeps asking me to login. I do that but when I click on "send a message" again it just asks me to login again, ad infinitum.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Re: Send Message
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 06:20:33 PM »
Mon 29 May 2017, 6:15 pm

(1)  First of all, make sure to tic the box "Save a copy in my outbox" before you send your message.

(2)  In your message center, hover over the "Messages" tab to get a dropdown menu.   Click the "sent messages" item

screamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 06:28:01 PM »
Thanks.
At the moment my only choices from the drop down menu are read messages and send a message but that's probably because I didn't save a copy.

Mind, it still won't let me send a message

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 07:57:57 PM »
Screamer, I just sent you a PM on how to do it.  Frank

screamer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 09:03:33 PM »
Thanks  :)

I also think there needs to be a better alert that a new message has come through!

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 09:45:25 PM »
I get an email telling me I have a message, and then the whole message is provided on the email!

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 10:07:43 PM »
The old (previous) forum software sent a popup message right in your face as soon as you logged in advising you had a new message.  I liked that, and spent a lot of time searching for something equivalent for this forum.  No luck!  Developers are not writing modifications (Mods) for this brand forum software (SMF or Simple Machines Forums) as they once used to.  Many have moved on to other brands of forum or content management software, or have gotten out of the forum game entirely in favor of facebook and other  social media.

It's a pity.  Forums are different than social media.  Social media is very much like a real conversation; there is a constant flow of communication/information which disappears very quickly.  Just like a real conversation where as soon as you say something, it is gone and usually quickly forgotten. You can't search for previous post on facebook.  Forums allow for more thoughtful exchanges and provide a (more or less) permanent archive, indexed and searchable.  Social media and forums are different animals each with strengths and weaknesses.

screamer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 10:11:31 PM »
I'm certainly not getting any emails though I have just tinkered with my notifications.