Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Time for new eye glasses  (Read 661 times)

kowpot

• View Profile
Time for new eye glasses
« on: April 24, 2017, 07:21:54 AM »
 It's that time again. Time to get some new eye glasses. Been looking around and have found that for some reason, glasses in Thailand are really expensive.
Not sure why.
Does anyone know of a good place in Khon Kaen that sells decent eye glasses at a reasonable price? The big chain with the blue and white sign that begins with C and is on just about every corner and in every mall is very expensive, so please don't recommend that place.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Re: Time for new eye glasses
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 10:55:57 AM »
Mon 24 Apr 2017, 10:25 am

Unfortunately, for many years now, Thailand has NOT been a place to get cheap glasses.  Around 10K for anything decent, I reckon. The blue and white place is Top Charoen MAFIA, and way over the top expensive, as are all the other chains and franchise places. The independent shops in the malls will immediately try to interest you in the most expensive designer frames.  Yuck!

RAMA Optical isn't bad, a funky old Chinese place on Klang Muang.  OTOH, I have found frames I liked at Central for the same money.

I have shopped online at Eye Buy Direct  https://www.eyebuydirect.com/ a couple of times.  It is scary the first time you do it, but I am  more than happy with the prices, selection and service. However, you already have to have your prescription and know your pp (pupil diameter). Check it out.

kowpot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 05:23:32 PM »
Thank you Rex,

I will have to stop by Rama and check it out. 

Tonytj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 10:05:15 PM »
Once you have the paper Rx in your hand, you can order cheap back up glasses at Zenni.com for $8 USD each and it will be mailed to you in about 12 days.