Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Does anyone stream their I-pad on their HDTV (web based)?  (Read 791 times)

avvocato

• View Profile
Does anyone stream their I-pad on their HDTV (web based)?
« on: January 30, 2017, 03:21:21 PM »
I generally get a real good video signal on my Ipad.  I can watch live US tv via xfinity on demand using a US based username and password / with USA VPN. I have 3BB internet service (only option where I live).
There are certain shows and sporting events I would like to stream on my LG Web based tv.
I understand that I can use an Apple AV Adapter with a standard HDMI cable.
I also understand I can use a device such as Airplay or similar to do the same thing via my home wi-fi.
Anyone doing either of these?  If so how is the result? How complicated is the wi-fi version since I would have to deal with passwords and usernames. Any recommendations on a wireless device.
Thanks 

avvocato

• View Profile
Re: Does anyone stream their I-pad on their HDTV (web based)?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 08:42:06 PM »
Now I see that Airplay only works with Apple TV???
So what other wireless devices are out there that I can use and any recommendations from personal experience
Thanks!

Shipm8te

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 07:11:20 AM »
I use my I-Pad to watch TV through my 3BB Wi Fi using the Apple A/V adapter which is a bit expensive by the way.  Works fine for me.  The only drawback is no remote so you have to have a long cable or otherwise walk over to the I-Pad when you want to change channels or a different provider.

avvocato

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 07:41:31 PM »
I now have the Ipad AV cable and works OK on many apps. Cost 2100 baht (so expensive as noted by Shipm8te). However, certain apps don't work as the app senses the device and the error message goes up ... content not licensed for the device, please unplug any offending device (Paraphrasing).