Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Sending a fax  (Read 2048 times)

Henry

• View Profile
Sending a fax
« on: November 11, 2016, 07:22:30 AM »

I need to send a document to the US. Do people still use fax? If so, where in KK can I send a fax?

Also, the fax number I have looks like a phone number      (123)123-5678.  When I send a fax, do I have to use the country code? (I would assume, yes).  So the number might look like this...009-1-(123)123-5678?

kowpot

• View Profile
Re: Sending a fax
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 08:13:29 AM »
You can try this. I have used these free fax programs before. They do work.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 09:13:48 AM »
Fri 11 Nov 2016, 9:08 am

I have not used internet fax services for years, but I tried many and they were always disappointing; complicated to set up and use,  failed connection, not handling images very well.  However, that was a long time ago, and perhapos they are better now.  Worth a try.

It has also been many years since sent a fax at a shop, but most or all of the hotels used to do it.  Try Sofitel. I would be very surprised if they don't provide that service. 

Sending a fax is no different than making a phone call.  Same international code, same country code, area code and 7 digit phone number. 

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 09:48:56 AM »
You need to give us a little more detail.

My initial reaction is the office you have to send your information probably has internet service and therefore email.  Get a scanned copy of your document (if you do not have the ability at home.)  Have them put it on a flash drive.  Come home and attach to an email or to whatever internet service they provide (but you probably know all that.)

A .pdf copy is as official as an original signature.

If you are adamant about sending a fax, you need to make sure the country code is '001' followed another '1' then by the number in the US.

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 11:01:41 AM »
http://faxzero.com/

Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 12:57:35 PM »

Thanks for all the quick replys.

One thing I forgot to mention, I'm stupid. So, It sounds like the easiest way is to go into town and find a fax machine.

Thanks again, Henry

Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 02:07:29 PM »

Went into Soffitel this morning and was directed to the second floor. A room called "Connectivity" ??

Two minutes and 180 bt later, my two page fax was sent.

Not a big deal as it was a very important fax, but it was a bit more expensive than I had expected.

Thank you very much, Rex