Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Yellow Residence Book? Permanent Residence?  (Read 8307 times)

Kajornsak

• View Profile
Re: Yellow Residence Book? Permanent Residence?
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2019, 12:17:03 PM »
7600 to apply.  The rest you pay upon approval, which could be several years in the future, if at all. 
About 100k total for those married to a Thai.  About 200k for those not married to a Thai.

The website you read is a commercial site.  They are in the business of making money.  Maybe they didn't give all the fee info because it might scare off potential business?  I really don't know.

Here is more info.  More details about the total fee.

4. Fees
4.1 A fee for each application is 7,600 baht (Seven thousand six hundred baht only) whether permission is granted or not. Application fee is not refundable.
4.2 If the application is approved by the Immigration Commission, Prime Minister and Minister of Interior, the fee for the residence permit is 191,400 baht One hundred ninety-one thousand four hundred baht only). However, the residence permit fee for spouses and children (under 20 years of age) of aliens who already had the residence permit or Thai citizens is 95,700 baht (Ninety-five thousand and seven hundred baht only).

Terry
It was only 9000 until Taksin came to power. Also visas were only 500 baht.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2019, 04:01:37 PM »
What is your point?  Why are we rehashing something from over three years and about something in the rehash pre-Taksin?  It makes no sense.

Today and forward is the current situation.

Kajornsak

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2019, 08:29:23 PM »
What is your point?  Why are we rehashing something from over three years and about something in the rehash pre-Taksin?  It makes no sense.

Today and forward is the current situation.
Sorry, are you one of those wannabe moderators that kill forums? Someone was talking about the price of getting PR and I mention it was a reasonable price in the past, unlike today.

I was taking my 6  monthly look at the forum and my old posts and decided to reply.

Kajornsak

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2019, 08:37:31 PM »
This is the first time I have head any first-hand evidence that citizenship was nearly impossible. Thanks for the update.  Please keep us posted.
Tks for your post.

Rex, to update you - I applied for Thai citizenship in Dec 2017. I've had my final interview at the MoI. Now I have to wait about 6-8 months for the Minister of Interior, the PM and HM the king give the go ahead. All-in-all a pretty easy experience. the Average time is currently 2.5 years.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2019, 10:05:35 PM »
Very interesting.  Thanks for that.  Good luck with the finalizing. I wonder how many naturalized citizens there are in LOS?