Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Get yer BOOOOPA here!  (Read 3625 times)

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Get yer BOOOOPA here!
« on: April 10, 2016, 10:52:49 AM »
Sun 10 Apr 2016, 10:39 am

BOOOOOPA  . . .

Hi ForumMates!

We have put Ms. Narinski Extraordinaire through school to become a certified  BUPA agent.  She has passed all of her classes with flying colors and will sit for her final exam at the end of this month, after which she will be a full-service agent.  We will put a big splash on the forum here, and you will be able to see a photo of Ms. Narin's lovely self.  She speaks exceptional English and assures me that her Thai is OK too!   smiley32

So, if you are in the market for health coverage, please give Narin the opportunity to explain  the BUPA options to you,  or if you are already sold on BUPA, she will be more than happy to provide you and your family with a policy.  Because she is just starting out, you can be assured of getting great service and  plenty of personal attention.

JustinCase

• View Profile
Re: Get yer BOOOOPA here!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 10:15:55 PM »
If it is:-

1. Cheaper than AIA with the same cover I will be interested

2. Covers 70 years and over???

3. Understandable Policy??

Let me know please.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 11:34:03 PM »
I will have Narin contact you Justin after she sits for her exam 30 April. She will have all the materials to be able to answer your questions then.

Thanks.

I have had both AIA and BUPA.  BUPA is more expensive but provides better coverage. I am not sure at what ages BUPA will write new policy.  If I remember correctly, I deliberately changed from AIA to BUPA at age 61 because that was the deadline for getting a policy with guaranteed renewal regardless of age.

Unfortunately, I am not away of any company in Thailand that provides true catastrophic cover which is what most people really need.  I am hoping that if I have a problem that exceeds what BUPA will pay, that I am mobile enough to Hawaii and use Medicare. There are a lot of  "if's" in that scenario, but that's the best I can do for me at the moment.

screamer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 12:37:10 AM »
Maybe you can post contact details here when she is ready for action.

Red Parrot Fish

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 08:09:43 AM »
Taken from Bupa website.

Members may join before the age of 66 years.
Renewal is guaranteed up to and including the age of 70 years. However, if you join before the age of 60 years and are continuously insured, renewal is guaranteed for life.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
BOOOOPA Update!
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 10:28:37 AM »
Fri 19 Aug 2016, 10:21 am

Hi ForumMates,

Just a quick update.  It has been a really frustrating process dealing with BUPA and with the testing agency trying to get Narin her license.  The first time she took the exam, she didn't pass.  No problem.  The plan was to sit it again the next month.  Unfortunately, the local BUPA people "forgot" to register her for that time slot!  OK. If at first, you do not succeed . . .

Then, the next month they booked her for  the wrong test, the one for auto and property rather than health coverage.  Poor, girl!  Humiliated sitting for a test she hadn't prepared for and wasn't interested in anyway.  OK, try again.  This month local BUPA did not make the booking soon enough and the test facility was filled!  Apparently, this is an independent testing agency or something like that, and candidates from various companies all sit for the same exam at the same time.  First come, first served.  It is all computer-based, so the seats are limited.

I'll tell you, it's  enough to make you "go postal!" 

We are not dead yet, however.  High hopes the comedy of errors will end and Narin will sit for and pass the next exam in September.

Stand by!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 10:32:12 AM by Rex (Admin) »

screamer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 01:24:23 PM »
Typical Thailand!

LungBing

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 03:23:51 PM »
So I insure against illness and then find out BUPA have insured my car instead?

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2016, 04:49:15 PM »
Yeah.  In case some drunk walks into you coming out of a bar, you are covered!    roll