Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: 90 Day Report  (Read 17383 times)

Savannah20

• View Profile
Re: 90 Day Report
« Reply #105 on: August 03, 2018, 06:48:16 PM »
I used Chrome.

mrpunch

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 03, 2018, 10:11:04 PM »

Just got the following email from Immigration saying my online 90 day application has been approved.

That's good to hear that it seems to be working again.  I'll try it first before going to the office when my next report is due.
Is my identity my own?
Why does anybody feel the need to f**k with it??

Savannah20

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 18, 2018, 07:00:56 AM »
Two in a row. Before going to play golf yesterday I did the online 90 day report. It was approved in 4 hours. I got the automatic email from immigration with the link to the approval. Printed out the document that I then stapled into my passport. Next 90 day due Jan 14, 2019.

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 18, 2018, 09:24:23 AM »
I can't do it in Sarahakham yet, i keep trying and it gets rejected, immigration lady said maybe next year they will be ready.

Savannah20

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2018, 08:20:25 AM »
What exactly do you mean by "it gets rejected"? My experience is if I apply online to soon a boxed message comes up saying contact immigration office. If I apply within the 15 day window allowed I can fill in the online form, I believe two pages. Hit the submit button and it either gets approved or just sits there pending approval and nothing happens.  I have found that only completing the mandatory fields (*) seems to help. For example, only your family name is mandatory, your first and middle names are not mandatory so I leave them blank.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 22, 2018, 02:44:00 PM »

A UK friend of mine went into IMM-Khon Kaen to do his 90-report, less than 2 minutes.

The IMM Officer noted that he saw that my friend's retirement extension renewal was required in November.  The IMM Officer told him that he had to make sure that the Form TM 30 be included or he and the owner would not be in abeyance of the law.

My friend rents a condominium at Metro 2 and the owner lives in Udorn.  He had requested the owner to prepare the Form TM 30 and submit the completed form.  The owner assured him that he would and to date that owner has not lived up to his commitment.

Besides a fine, does anyone know the full consequences of not having the form completed and submitted?

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #111 on: October 22, 2018, 04:35:26 PM »
I have been warning people from the time these discussions first stated to NOT  train Imm to hold the expat as responsible for the TM 30 when it is explicitly the responsibility of the owner or house master. If this report is true, it is unfortunate.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 22, 2018, 06:13:58 PM »

Rex, I am just reporting what was told to my golfing friend, reminding that he has to have a copy of the signed TM Form 30 in his possession.  Yes, it is the responsibility of the "house master" to complete the form and submit it for approval, but it looks like it is also the responsibility of the farang to make sure it happens.

The last time my wife went in to do it, they requested MY PASSPORT to verify that I was the individual living at that address (including the Yellow Book!)  I don't think "we are training them", they are holding us responsible for making sure the person who has to submit the form does it.

I really don't blame them since they are under the pressure from their senior management to make sure these requirements are met.

Windy

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2018, 07:46:24 PM »
Frank
Did your friend get a TM 30 done by the owner when he moved into the condo?

Sunset from my bedroom window

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #114 on: October 22, 2018, 08:10:09 PM »
Unless you are talking about a minor child or someone else you are the legal guardian for, it is INSANE and potentially very dangerous to hold Smith responsible for the legal obligations of Jones. This is just so wrong, but apparently I am the only one bothered by it.  Sigh!

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 23, 2018, 10:13:08 AM »

Windy, you got me there.  Not sure when was the last time he left Thailand.  I know the last time I was in IMM, they asked if in my 90-day report was that my current address.  (Then the next question would have been, if I didn't have a copy of TM Form 30, PROVE IT.  EVEN THOUGH I HAD THE YELLOW BOOK WITH ME, IDENTIFYING ME AT THE CERTAIN ADDRESS.)

But as you know what has been happening with the illegals, the tell one address, which is fake, and bounce around to many other addresses that they don't provide IMM.

Being the honest ones, we get the 1st degree questions, even if the people in IMM know us and recognize us.

I think this is going to continue for quite a while until they weed out the illegals.

Now they are also going to go after the marriage shams!

Even though, if you don't have a copy attached with your passport, then there is no proof.

Windy

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2018, 08:27:30 AM »
I did my last 90 day report on 8th Oct and no mention of TM30.

Sunset from my bedroom window

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 24, 2018, 05:28:58 PM »

Windy, the conversation had nothing to do with the 90-day Report.  The IMM office told my friend after she noted that his retirement extension had to be renewed in November.  If you had ever gone in to do the 90-day Report and your extension had to be renewed in less than 90 days, they would only extend your 90 day period until the extension renewal date.  Then the following TM 30 discussion happened, not in lieu of the 90-day Report, but the fact that he was coming up on his extension renewal date.

We will all have different stories about what each officer wants or needs every time we visit IMM for whatever.

I asked the officer the last time I was in, my cousin and his wife are going to visit Thailand.  They will stay at my house only 2 days.  He declared that my wife had to submit TM Form 30 for them too even for such a short visit.  So there is another example of the forcing requirements.

TerryLH

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 25, 2018, 07:23:56 AM »
Quote from: fceligoj
They will stay at my house only 2 days.  He declared that my wife had to submit TM Form 30 for them too even for such a short visit.  So there is another example of the forcing requirements.

What did you expect him to say?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 09:59:21 AM by Rex (Admin) »

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 25, 2018, 08:27:53 AM »

Terry, could have ignored the requirement for those 2 days, but it is the 'what if' that concerned me.  Better to be safe than the other.

I don't need my wife being fined if there was a stop to check, especially since she has to do the same Form 30 for me.  We would be returning from the US with a stop afterwards in Cambodia (my cousin and us.)

I doubt if there would any consequences for them not being identified on the 30, but with me too, just makes it 'safer.'