Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Flying to Don Meuang  (Read 2146 times)

Henry

• View Profile
Flying to Don Meuang
« on: October 07, 2015, 09:44:27 AM »
 I want to fly down to Don Meuang, maybe in November. It might be a spur of the moment thing.

Id like to know, if I just show up at the airport, what are my chances of getting on the next flight? Ive done it before, but its been several years since and maybe things have changed. If I recall, every flight Ive taken had at least a few seats empty.

Also, how does that work booking a flight online and paying at 7/11?

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Re: Flying to Don Meuang
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 10:40:00 AM »
As Air Asia and Nok both fly to  Don Juan these days, just showing up and buying a ticket might not be too difficult.  However, I have not been flying much the past couple of years, and don't have a sense of how full the flights are.  However, personally, I don't don't like just showing up.  I want to have everything sorted out before I got to the airport.  I don't even like going to the movies anymore without reserving a seat and paying for a ticket in advance. But that's just me.   Never heard about paying at 7-11. 

Windy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 05:56:17 PM »
Here is a link to AirAsia counter service/7-Eleven

http://www.airasia.com/ask/template.do?id=696&name=Counter+Service+Option+-Thailand

Airasia and Nok flights normally depart fairly close together, so you should be able to a flight on one of them, but it realy depends on the day/time.

Sunset from my bedroom window

stevve

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 08:00:16 AM »
if you want to take the chance that there will be seats , go for it. you would have to book a few days in advance if you want to pay at the 7/11.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 11:03:10 AM »
Before online banking (and "virtual" debit cards) became easy and  common place, paying at 7-11 was a great convenience.  Even though online banking can still be a little annoying, I would much rather just use a virtual debit card and pay for an air ticket in one session, print out my boarding pass, and have it done and dusted.