Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Royal Thai Tourist Police Visit  (Read 1515 times)

fceligoj

• View Profile
Royal Thai Tourist Police Visit
« on: October 10, 2015, 10:17:44 AM »
Since I could not find the appropriate subject line, thought I'd just put in Open Discussion.

Received a visit this morning from the Tourist Police.  They were checking the validity of my Temporary extension and if my spouse had completed the Thai Immigration Form 30, NOTIFICATION FROM HOUSEMASTER, OWNER, OR THE POSSESSOR OF THE RESIDENCE WHERE ALIEN HAS STAYED.  We both had to complete a form for their benefit plus had to give them a picture of myself.

They said they had a list of all the farangs who lived in the Khon Kaen Province and would be going down the list checking to see if all  were properly registered.  The Form 30 was the key document.

So if you all have a properly registered Form 30 with the Police (the form can be submitted by your spouse or the owner of the residence where you live in the office to the right of the IMM Office), you should no issues. 

So a word to the wise, all farangs should make sure the Form 30 is submitted.  If a Form 30 is not completed, there is usually a pretty stiff fine.

Windy

• View Profile
Re: Royal Thai Tourist Police Visit
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 12:49:33 PM »
How long is a Form 30 valid for?

My wife and I did one about 4 years ago when I came to live here. We just submitted it to our local Police Office.

Sunset from my bedroom window

Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 01:09:34 PM »
 Im not sure if Im all set or not.

Ive lived in the same house for 20 years and over the years a few people have come saying they were checking on all foreigners living in the area. Just 2 weeks ago, the Pu Yai Baan came and had me fill out a form for the police. He said all the farangs had to do it.

Also, I have always fillled out a form 30, for my drivers license renewal. Usually, with immigration, last time with the local police.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 03:10:44 PM »
Several days ago, an American friend of mine who works for a Bible School here in Khon Kaen, which is a remote site for the main office in Bangkok, and her American friend went to KK Immigration to submit the Form 30.  Her American friend has been submitting her own 90-Day report 'religiously', but had never had a Form 30 or a Form 28(?) submitted.  Nothing was said and NO fine was levied.

The next day, the Thai police visited them at the Bible School, 'to make sure everything was in order.'

OUR friend had been back in the US for about a year (had been practically living in Thailand for 28 years prior to that trip) and is now back in Thailand for another 4 years.  She has always had their main office submit her 90-Day Reports (the office has never submitted a Form 30) in Bangkok.  Now with all the changes that have happened, the main office told her, it was now her responsibility to submit all appropriate forms to Khon Kaen Immigration.

Even though she travels the region quite a bit, most of the places she stays do not ask for her passport and those that do, she had not a clue if they submitted Form 30's.  This includes Bangkok and other major cities Hotels. 

So now, the Khon Kaen Bible School Office is applying for an online ability to submit Form 30's at least after a trip when a copy of her passport is requested.  We will see how long it takes for Immigration to provide a User ID and Password.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 05:40:40 PM »
Thanks for this, Frank.  These reports are helpful, and it is always good to hear about positive experiences with the Imm process.  Unfortunately, it is very hard to determine consistency and to be able to predict how the rules will be applied from on person to the next. 

Relax

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 08:24:58 AM »
Khon Kaen Immigration approved my registration for online reporting within 3 days.
User ID and Password were sent within 7 days.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2019, 08:56:26 AM »
Thanks, Relax.  Are you talking 90 day or TM30?  Can you post the link to the website for registering?  Tks, lah!

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Link to online registration for TM30 reporting.
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2019, 12:18:58 PM »
Relax is having problems posting, but he shared the link to register for online TM30 reporting. Thanks Relax!

Quote from: Relax already, lah!
Sorry, I cannot get through the spam filter:

I was talking about TM30

Website for registration: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

The login data works with the website, iOS and Android app.
Apps are only available in the local appstores.

avvocato

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2019, 11:28:52 AM »
Khon Kaen Immigration approved my registration for online reporting within 3 days.
User ID and Password were sent within 7 days.
From whom do you request a UserID and password??? Thanks

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2019, 04:52:19 PM »
avvocoto, if you go to the website the guy mentioned. Click on "Regiser" and proceed.  I think.

Website for registration: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

russell17au

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2019, 03:35:09 PM »
I have heard from some people that they had trouble getting onto the site because of problems with there browser, Some people said that Chrome sometimes has problems and that the best one to use is Internet Explorer

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2019, 04:04:37 PM »
If your operating system is Windows 10, can you even get to "Internet Explorer?"  Windows 10 pushes the use of their"Edge", which sucks!