Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Royal Thai Tourist Police Visit  (Read 1027 times)


  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,075
    • View Profile
Royal Thai Tourist Police Visit
« on: October 10, 2015, 10:17:44 AM »
Since I could not find the appropriate subject line, thought I'd just put in Open Discussion.

Received a visit this morning from the Tourist Police.  They were checking the validity of my Temporary extension and if my spouse had completed the Thai Immigration Form 30, NOTIFICATION FROM HOUSEMASTER, OWNER, OR THE POSSESSOR OF THE RESIDENCE WHERE ALIEN HAS STAYED.  We both had to complete a form for their benefit plus had to give them a picture of myself.

They said they had a list of all the farangs who lived in the Khon Kaen Province and would be going down the list checking to see if all  were properly registered.  The Form 30 was the key document.

So if you all have a properly registered Form 30 with the Police (the form can be submitted by your spouse or the owner of the residence where you live in the office to the right of the IMM Office), you should no issues. 

So a word to the wise, all farangs should make sure the Form 30 is submitted.  If a Form 30 is not completed, there is usually a pretty stiff fine.


  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 149
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Thai Tourist Police Visit
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 12:49:33 PM »
How long is a Form 30 valid for?

My wife and I did one about 4 years ago when I came to live here. We just submitted it to our local Police Office.

Sunset from my bedroom window


  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 169
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Thai Tourist Police Visit
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 01:09:34 PM »
 Im not sure if Im all set or not.

 Ive lived in the same house for 20 years and over the years a few people have come saying they were checking on all foreigners living in the area. Just 2 weeks ago, the Pu Yai Baan came and had me fill out a form for the police. He said all the farangs had to do it.

 Also, I have always fillled out a form 30, for my drivers license renewal. Usually, with immigration, last time with the local police.