Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Urologist? Pretty urgent, coming down from Udon...  (Read 88 times)

Stanley_Road

• View Profile
Urologist? Pretty urgent, coming down from Udon...
« on: October 23, 2018, 03:13:20 PM »
Hello people.  Hoping you can help me out here in looking for a decent urologist in KK.  I actualy live in Udon and have been visiting a local urologist here - who is useless - and we dont realy have any other 'good' urologists here.  It has been suggested to me by a Westener in the medical field that KK has a couple of very good urologists and I need help deciding where to go.  Thanks.

The suggested urologists are:

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.84)]Prof. [/color][/size]Sombat Borwornpadungkitti
[/size][/color]Prof. [/font][/color][color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.84)]Kajit Pacheerat[/color]
Both are based at Srinagaring Hospital which I believe is the University Hospital?

Also
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.84)][/size]Chagkrapan Predanon at KK Hospital has been suggested.  He apparently has his own clinic on the [/color][color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.84)][/size]Prachasamosorn Road open between 6 and 9pm.[/color][color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.84)][/size][/color][color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.83921568627451)][/size]Apparently with the Uni hospital it is better to visit the after hours clinic?  is that basicly the same hospital, but after hours?  Or a separate location?[/color][color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.83921568627451)][/color][color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.83921568627451)][/size]Most important for me is getting the best doctor out of these three.  I would greatly appreciate it if I could get a few suggestions here?[/color][color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.83921568627451)][/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.83921568627451)][/size]Basicly the backstory is that I have been possibly wrongly diagnosed with prostatitus.  Three weeks ago i started [/color]getting[/color][color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.83921568627451)] bladder pains.  Bumrungrad hospital gave me antibiotics for a UTI.  After a week it was worse, so I went to a urologist in Udon who said nope, its not a UTI, you have prostatitus.  The pain in my bladder has gradualy been getting worse and yesterday I went to Dr Nitti at Pattaya Bangkok hospital as i was reccomended by a friend.  He has said I possibly dont have prostatitus and my prostate feels normal size, my urine shows no signs of it and the pain is bladder related.[/color][/font]
[/font]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.83921568627451)][/size]He actualy wanted to do a cystoctopy (camera up the uretha into bladder) to look for issues in the bladder.  The cost was 50,000 baht for a 10 minute procedure, plus I couldnt get a flight back to Udon for a few days so that meant lost flights and hotels I was looking at the best part of 70K. I have no insurance and business hasnt been great this year so i took the second option which was a course of strong antibiotics.[/color][/font]
[/font]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.83921568627451)][/size]In the 24 hours since then, the bladder pain has got quite bad.  Driving the car i feel every small bump in the road and wince with pain.  Its not agonising pain but its getting close to it at certain times of the day.  [/color][/font]

Its looking more likely that I have bladder stones, or bladder cystitus but the only way I can be sure is by visiting a good urologist in KK who will probably have to go up with the camera to check the bladder.

Sorry for the long winded post, im bloody tired and cant organise my thoughts properly to compose a better written post so I hope this makes sense.  Any suggestions would be greatly welcome.  My plan is to continue with these antibiotics for a couple more days and if its not better, head down to KK.  I very much doubt the antibiotics are helping to be honest but as I havent been diagnosed with anything officialy just yet, i guess I should carry on taking them for a couple days before I head down to KK.

One good thing is that Dr Nitti at Bangkok Pattaya hospital said it was very unlikely bladder cancer as none of the tests so far point to that (ultra sound, urine, blood test)

Anyway, rambling a bit... Again, any advice on where to go would be appreciated,

Thanks

Stanley
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.83921568627451)][/color]

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Re: Urologist? Pretty urgent, coming down from Udon...
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 08:32:00 PM »
It would be nice if there were a directory where you could look up docs by specialty. If no one here has a referral for you, your next best bet would to be to go to Bangkok Hospital or Rajapruek.  I hear fabulous things about the new Rajapruek Hospital. Keep RAM as a last resort.  After your first consultation, you can usually arrange to see the doc at his/her private practice. 

TerryLH

• View Profile
Re: Urologist? Pretty urgent, coming down from Udon...
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 08:56:54 AM »
Srinagarind is your best bet.
The evening clinics start about 1630.  Not sure what days they have them for Urology.
The regular Urology clinic is on the 2nd floor of the newest building.  That's the one on the left after you enter the main entrance to the hospital grounds.