Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Covid test  (Read 332 times)

screamer

• View Profile
Covid test
« on: January 08, 2021, 12:27:41 PM »
I have to go back to the UK in a couple of weeks and now it seems I have to get a negative Covid test certificate within 24 hours of flying.
Where would be the best place in KK to get it done?

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Re: Covid test
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 08:37:43 PM »
Is it just the certificate that needs to be dated within 24 hours, or are you supposed to take the test and get the certificate on the same day you fly?

The cheapest and easiest way to get this stuff done is via a "doc in the box" such as Dr. Ken, assuming, that is, that they even do covid testing and certification.

However, as I think about it, you are probably better off getting it from a hospital so that it looks official and avoids questions. I don't know for a fact, but I imagine that RAM, BKK and Rajapruek all do the tests and provide certificates.  Bring your wallet and something to read.

screamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 07:28:17 AM »
Thanks and oops for my typo, it's 72 hours before departure.
It looks like Bangkok hospital want 5500-6000bt, which, of course, means 6000 and KK Ram want 4000bt and result the same day if you go before 12 noon.
Way better than the UK.

Samme

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 07:12:26 PM »
My partner travelled BKK/AUH/MAN with Etihad just before Xmas. She came from her family home in Ubon and got a test at one of the main hospitals there at a cost of 4500. It was verified at check in.

screamer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 07:19:13 PM »
Thanks