Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: COVID-19 Case in Khon Kaen  (Read 539 times)

fceligoj

• View Profile
COVID-19 Case in Khon Kaen
« on: December 22, 2020, 10:13:40 PM »
A 24-year old woman, a Thai Worker from Samut Sakhon, just arrived today (22 Dec) by Nakhon ChaiAir.  She was picked up by her aunt who took her straight to Khon Kaen Hospital where she was tested positive for the virus.  Aren't we lucky that her being sick she came from the Samut Sakhon hot spot carrying the infection, possibly infecting everyone on the bus and the depot(s) where she probably had to change buses plus then her relative(s) plus the hospital staff.  Some people are really brain-dead (or maybe only have a half of a brain) when it comes to serious issues like this.

fceligoj

• View Profile
Re: COVID-19 Case in Khon Kaen
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 10:21:57 PM »
Latest Thoughts.  Several days ago the government announced that no one would be allowed in or out of the Samut Sakhon hot spot area and here we have several days later, someone arrives in Khon Kaen from Samut Sakhon carrying the virus; typical, certain local  governments turning a blind eye on critical issues by not following the "orders from headquarters!"

screamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 07:14:42 AM »
It sounds like people from that market are all over Thailand now.
I just hope I get out of quarantine and up to KK before a major lockdown.

Surfer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 01:18:49 PM »
Latest Thoughts.  Several days ago the government announced that no one would be allowed in or out of the Samut Sakhon hot spot area and here we have several days later, someone arrives in Khon Kaen from Samut Sakhon carrying the virus; typical, certain local  governments turning a blind eye on critical issues by not following the "orders from headquarters!"

My initial thoughts as well, but as my wife pointed out, the lady could have left Samut Sakhon before the lockdown and stayed elsewhere.

It would good if authorities released a "timeline" for the past week of so.

russell17au

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2020, 08:01:08 PM »
That young lady left before the lockdown and stayed in Bangkok with her sister for a couple of days before catching a taxi to the bus terminal and boarding the bus to Khon Kaen. The wife has just informed me of another one here now that has been selling seafood from Samut Sakhon around the Rio Et, Sarakham and now Khon Kaen that has tested positive and this was reported on News Khon Kaen tonight by the Khon Kaen Governor. The woman is 34 years old