Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Sri Nakarin registration  (Read 115 times)

Henry

• View Profile
Sri Nakarin registration
« on: November 13, 2020, 12:50:18 PM »

I want to register at Sri Nakarin Hospital. Do I just show up at the front desk with my passport? Do I get a hospital card? Any information will be appreciated.

kkbill

• View Profile
Re: Sri Nakarin registration
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 08:51:47 AM »
Henry, I have some detailed info from 3yrs ago that I can send you ina n email  - but it is probably mostly out of date as there have been many changes to the layout of things.
My suggestion is go to Saw Lor ( the tallest  building)  walk in have your face scanned and temp taken. Then to your Right there is a L shaped desk where patients for the afternoon clinics check in early in the day for Q numbers for the afternoon clinics. The nurses (most of them) speak English. Explain what you want and I think they'll give you current info and maybe even walk you around to the Registration desk.
There are two types of clinic: Day and Afternoon. Day is the busiest and cheapest. Afternoon (called After Hours ) is a bit less hectic but costs a bit more. After you register you should get a Hospital Card.
Parking - -is hard to find and can be quite a walk so I recommend taking a taxi.
It is a big place and seems overwhelming but it is manageable and runs smoothly. I've had a hip replacement, a spinal nerve adjustment, a colonoscopy and some other minor things done there. I think overall the care is quite good. Pharmacy prices are normal, not jacked up 3x or more as in Ram or BKK hospital. All of the Drs I've seen have spoken English fairly well.

Once you've been seen you need to go to the Cashier  to pay -it is in the building opposite  . 1st you go the pharmacy input window with you paperwork, then you go to  the cashier to pay and then back to the pharmacy pick up window and wait for your name to be called. The PA system is pretty good.
In general a DR visit is 300 baht plus a 50 baht nurse fee, Sometimes they don't charge me at all.If you need more info let me know. Don't PM me just add a comment here.
Good luck - its not as crazy as it  appears.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 09:51:08 AM by kkbill »

Henry

• View Profile
Re: Sri Nakarin registration
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 12:14:13 PM »
kkbill,

Thanks for the reply, very helpful.