Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Documents for retirement extension  (Read 113 times)

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Documents for retirement extension
« on: November 13, 2020, 12:36:54 PM »
I know we have been over this, but the info doesn't seem to stay glued to my brain   ::) If I got this right, I need:

1. Copies of bank statement for 12 months (incl this month) showing B65K monthly deposits.
    1.1  How many days does it take Bangkok Bank to generate the statements?

2.  Dated the same day I apply to Imm, letter from bank stating my account number and balance.

3.  Copy of bank book pages previous 12 months showing on deposit dated same day I apply to Imm.

4.  Proof of retirement benefits.  Has everyone been asked for this?

5.  I know about the other stuffs required.

Tks. lah!

LungBing

• View Profile
Re: Documents for retirement extension
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 03:01:23 PM »
1.  yes
1.1  I'm with Kasikorn and they do a year's statement print there and then.

2. Yes

3. They didn't want that from me  two months ago as the statement showed the deposit.
     But take the copies anyway, you just don't know.  Don't forget the facing page of the
     bankbook, the one with your name and the account number.
     I withdrew 1,000 baht before going into the bank so there was a transaction for that day,
     but the girl in the bank knew better and said they wanted a deposit, so I deposited the
      same 1,000  I had just withdrawn.

4.  Yes, the Immigration Officer (the lady at desk 4) asked where my money came from so
      I gave her copies of the letters from my pension providers.

5.  You think you do!  Take copies and/or originals of everything, usigned and undated. 
     You can sign and[size=78%] date them if required.  If not, they're ready for next year.[/size]

All of the above was one officer on one day.  Another officer might have different requirements.
See note 5. Above.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 09:03:16 PM »
Copies of bank statement for 12 months (incl this month) showing B65K monthly deposits.

1.1  How many days does it take Bangkok Bank to generate the statements?  Since they have to go to the Hq in Bangkok,  BBL take 3-5 workdays to get you the statement.  To make it easier for them, I generate a cover page identifying each transfer by date. 

Also, they like to have the statement from the bank with each transfer highlighted (DIY).

2.  Dated the same day I apply to Imm, letter from bank stating my account number and balance.  Yes

3.  Copy of bank book pages previous 12 months showing on deposit dated same day I apply to Imm.  That copy of the last page of your bankbook should be done by the bank and they will put their stamp on it.  IMM doesn't want to see a forgery.

4.  Proof of retirement benefits.  Has everyone been asked for this?  Yes.  I take a copy of the SSA letter I get generated online and a copy of the letter from my employer.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 09:48:19 PM by Rex (Admin) »

screamer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 11:18:55 PM »
I am currently in the UK having to renew my O-A visa and Bangkok bank are useless.
All I want is an official letter of my bank balance to be emailed to me.
The London branch is great and doing everything they can but it's like banging your head against the wall.
I can even tell them to the satang how much the balance is.