Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Flu shots  (Read 227 times)

Henry

• View Profile
Flu shots
« on: September 27, 2020, 12:52:02 PM »

Never had a flu shot, but with the current situation and being 70 years old, I think it might be a good idea. I think Rex said he got one every year. Where can I get one and isn't this about the right time of year?

screamer

• View Profile
Re: Flu shots
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 12:56:49 PM »
Bear in mind they only work for 3 in 10 people.

ridge runner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 04:18:46 PM »
Got mine about 3 months back, I am also 70 and this was my first one. Grandbabies were getting theirs and they wanted Daa to get one so I did.  Don't know if it worked or not but haven't had a cold yet!!!!!!!!!!!

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 09:05:38 PM »
If you gots BUPA /AETNA, you get for free until 30 Sep.  They should have sent you an SMS about it.  I suppose there are similar deals with other providers.

Dr. Ken gives them, or used to. I have not seen him for years.  B700-B800 if I remember correctly.  It only takes five minutes if no there are no people waiting in line.  If you go to the horsepital (at least to RAM) it takes a full morning of being shuffled around to different stations before they determine you eligible for the shot.  First you go have your blood pressure checked, then someplace place else, then someplace else. 

I'll send you a PM with Ken's info.  He doesn't want publicity.

Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 12:18:13 PM »
Thanks for the replies. Did a Google search, but not sure when is the best time of year to get the shots.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2020, 12:21:05 PM »
Aetna has been sending me texts with a coupon to get my flu shot by 30 Sep, so I guess they consider the flu season as now.  It is different in different parts of the world depending on climate.

Windy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2020, 06:55:11 PM »
My wife has told me I have to get one  ;)  And we will be going to Ratchaphruek hospital in the next few days to get it done.
Is it worth getting or not, I don't know  :-\

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2020, 07:26:45 PM »
I don't suppose there is any way of knowing, is there Windy?  Maybe if you were getting the flu fairly regularly, and then decided to get a flu shot, and didn't catch the flu again, you could be pretty sure it was the shot that did it.  If you rarely or never had the flu before, got the shot, and then didn't get the flu, what would that prove?  And if you got the flu, it also wouldn't prove much as the vaccine is less than 100% effective.  All this stuff could make you nuts, huh?

Windy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2020, 08:29:57 PM »
Just Googled it and I have heart disease and they say the flu shot may lower the chances of a heart attack, so I will get one  ;D
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 08:32:23 PM by Windy »