Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: local driver and van wanted  (Read 211 times)

Chang Noi

• View Profile
local driver and van wanted
« on: September 23, 2020, 03:40:10 AM »
hi all

Can anyone recommend a driver with pick up to collect a motorbike from a home in Khoen Kaen and deliver to a shop in Khon Kaen and also a dog house to be dropped off from my wife's house to her fathers house also within Khon Kaen

Many Thanks

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Re: local driver and van wanted
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 06:55:30 AM »
I don't want to be negative, but this kind of stuff can be really difficult here. I recently had a similar problem; getting transport of a bicycle with 2 flat tires to the bicycle shop.  I posted in several places. No luck. Frustrating. Finally had to impose on a friend who was gracious enough to lend a hand.  I don't drive but would much prefer do this kind of stuff myself or hire someone, but not so easy in dear Khon Kaen.  If you drive, you would be better off renting a pickup or van (easy to do) and doing the job yourself.  Good luck.

Chang Noi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 01:25:57 PM »
hi Rex

Thanks for replying.

I would have normally but I am stuck in the Uk and my wife can't drive or any of her family.

I have trawled the net and can't find anything.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 04:36:43 PM »
Last time I was trying to get a lift to the bicycle shop, I thought abut GRAB  (something like Uber, I guess) which does rides and errands, and pickups and grocery shopping.  They might be able to sort out a guy and an van.  I didn't persue it because I don't speak Thai.  However, you wife might be able to find out if they can help.

Just as a side note, one would think that with all the unemployment in Isaan, especially during the pandemic, that people would being doing all kinds of side hustles to make a buck. Maybe there are, but you have to be plugged into their "network" or circle of friends or whatever.    I lived in Pattaya for five years before I moved to Khon Kaen.  Although less than idea, it was always easy to get this kind of thing done.  Millions of motorcycle taxi guys lounging around the street corners on their bikes, waiting for the occasional customer; happy to do errands or find someone who could provide the service you were looking for.

Oh, well.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 04:43:45 PM by Rex (Admin) »