Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Retirement extension - Monthly income method  (Read 1160 times)

Windy

• View Profile
Retirement extension - Monthly income method
« on: August 09, 2020, 06:42:21 PM »
Has anyone recently done a retirement extension using the monthly income method at KK Immigration?

If so what were the requirements?

Trying to work out options for after 26th September.

Thanks

Savannah20

• View Profile
Re: Retirement extension - Monthly income method
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 07:20:34 PM »
I hope to get mine this Thursday or Friday. Currently waiting on the transaction report for the last 12 months from Bangkok Bank.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 07:43:35 AM »
Can someone please help Windy and Savannah with the infor they are asking for regarding extensions? Mine isn't due until December, but I am fuzzy about getting a year of statements from the bank.   Tks!

Windy, Savannah, everybody, please keep us posted. 

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2020, 07:50:47 AM »
The following was presented on this Forum under "Retirement Extensions" late last August.  Remember, this was done under a supervisor who is no longer at the KK Imm Office.  We now have a new supervisor.  A compatriot of mine just had his done several weeks ago and it is essentially the same list.

I did the renewal of my retirement extension today at Khon Kaen Immigration.  Other than the fact that IMM was crowded and it took a long time for my number to be called, I spent about 30 minutes once called on.  ALL IS GOOD IN KKC!First, got called by Station #1 I/O.  When I told him I was there to get my retirement extension based upon the monthly income method, he looked like he just got a migraine.  He picked up everything I brought and gave it back to me to go see the I/O supervisor in the enclosed office.Second, after the niceties, she asked if I had any documentation on my previous year's income, such as a letter from the USG, i.e., Social security Admin, a letter from my employer, i.e., Lockheed Martin, and anything thing else to support.  I also had with me my IRS 2018 Form 1040 and some other documentation from my private retirement account from which I withdraw funds.  (She was pleased.)Then she looked at the rest of the material I had to support the monthly income requirements.
  • 1-year Bank Statement.
  • Bank Book and a copy of it. (never opened it.)
  • Even though I had an online copy of my bank statements, she could have cared less.She then said that next year, I needed to provide them a small spread sheet (see attached) to be presented in front of the 1-year bank Statement.  (She penciled one together as we spoke and put it on top of the bank statement to go back to the I/O.So, here is the list of items to be provided:
  • Extension Application with picture.
  • Passport with a copy of the pertinent pages.
  • TM6 and 90-Day Report receipt
  • Proof of residency (Yellow Book) and copy.
  • 1-year Bank Statement, making sure there is an entry in the month that you are submitting the application.  She also suggested to highlight the International Transfers.
  • A small spread sheet of "My Income"(the amounts transferred to my Thai bank, Bangkok Bank.)
  • Bank Book and a copy of the pages for the whole year (they really never looked at the book except to flip the pages quickly, or the copy of the pages I provided.)
  • Once done with the supervisor, went back out with the papers to the I/O.  She yelled out something to him about "not a problem."I paid my fee.  Gave him 2,000 baht (2-1,000 baht bills), and got a receipt for 1,900 baht - enough said!He finished the process and took it back to the supervisor.  A minute of two later, she brought out the package and told him to have me SIGN EVERY DAMN PAGE!  (Guess Bangkok IMM Auditors are sticklers for that.)It was pretty benign.  So, the I/O's don't process the monthly income evaluation, the supervisor does (at least for me.)PS.  The supervisor said to make sure you have equal to or greater than the 65K baht per month, or it would really be a problem.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 09:44:34 AM by Rex (Admin) »

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2020, 11:21:03 AM »
Thanks Frank and the guy who originally posted the info.

I wish they would think through things before making up rules.  For example,

"1-year Bank Statement, making sure there is an entry in the month that you are submitting the application.  She also suggested to highlight the International Transfers."

The extension for my deadline is 13 Dec.  However, my overseas deposit Usually arrives sometime between the 16th-20th, so impossible to comply with the requirement to show a deposit for the month of Dec.   Moreover, one year there was some question about my application which I filed the day before the deadline. The I/O scolded me for waiting so long, and (intelligently) advised filing early so there would be plenty of time to take care of any questions.  I think you can file as much as 45 days before the deadline.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 11:23:56 AM by Rex (Admin) »

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2020, 04:44:18 PM »
It is I in the same, Rex.  I am going in on Wednesday next with the information.  I took way more than we needed.  So I killed a tree that did not have to kill!  We will see what has changed with this year's submittal, and you know there will be changes.

By the way, if your December transfer happens in late December then you should go apply after the November transfer to request your next year's extension!

Windy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2020, 09:48:19 PM »
I have a Non 0 multi entry valid until Jan 2021, however my 90 day permission to stay from my last border run, plus a 60 day extension, to visit wife, have both expired and I have been on amnesty for about 7 weeks.

Any idea if KK Immigration would process a yearly Retirement extension when I'm on amnesty?  I have read on Thai Visa some offices will and some won't.

Savannah20

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2020, 07:28:16 PM »
Got my retirement extension today. Very quiet at Immigration with only two customers there when I arrived at 10:30 in the morning. As Frank posted a few posts above, not much changed as far as requirements go since last year. By far the most important things I had today were the two documents I got from Bangkok Bank near Tukcom. The transaction print out for the last 12 months (cost 200 baht) and the short memo from the bank saying account number 111111 belonged to me and had xxx baht in it today(cost 100 baht). The Bangkok Bank employee asked if I was going to immigration today because they know Immigration wants the short memo the day it is issued by Bangkok Bank.

Here is what they took from me today:

-1-year Bank Statement (I highlighted the monthly international transfer deposits.
-Short memo of account ownership from Bangkok Bank.Bank Book and a copy of it. -Detail page and last page showing current balance.
-Extension Application with picture.Passport with a copy of the pertinent pages.
-TM6 landing card and 90-Day Report receipt
-Copy of my wifes Thai ID, front and back
[/size]-1,900 baht

[/size]I had a years worth of Transferwise print outs with me, not interested. I had a confirmation letter of Social Security payments you can get from the Social Security website, not interested. I had a years worth of Social Security payments being deposited in my Bank America account, not interested. Had my yellow book and a copy, not interested.

I believe my request is about as simple as can be so I really was expecting it to go smoothly. That said, I was there three weeks before my current extension was going to expire.
Wearing long pants was recommended by others so I did. I was surprised no one took my temperature.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 09:06:37 PM by Rex (Admin) »

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2020, 09:11:24 PM »
Thanks Savannah. Very helpful.  Did the bank print your 12 months of transactions  today, or had you ordered that previously?  But they did write the memo while you waited, right?  I can't image the reason for insisting on the letter being dated the same day.

Savannah20

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2020, 07:07:42 AM »
I ordered the 12 months of transactions last week. It takes 3 to 5 business days to get. The memo was produced on the spot while I waited. I have tried to attach the memo to this post.

Windy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2020, 09:34:10 AM »
Thanks, Does it matter how much money you have left in the bank?
I usually transfer most of my monthly income to my wife's account after it has arrived in my bank from overseas.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 09:37:06 AM by Windy »

Savannah20

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2020, 07:40:34 PM »
On my visit the transaction print out was the first thing she wanted to see. I had hi lited the monthly transfers and she very quickly went through the print out verifying a transaction of at least 65,000 baht had occurred each month. No apparent interest in how it was spent or balances remaining. The Bangkok Bank documents are used in place of the income letter we use to get from the embassy.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2020, 04:16:42 PM »
Well, I went today to get my retirement extension.

Of course, the most important thing to do after filling out the Extension Request Form was to get the 1-year Bank Statement, and the letter from the bank stating the account was mine.  My bank is BBL so I went to the Central Plaza Branch.  No issue with the Bank Statement, but be prepared for the 5 business day waiting period and it not arriving at the branch before 1330 on that fifth day.  That doesn't leave too much time to go home and make a copy for yourself and then get to Immigration.

Now the letter was a different story.  Even though the person spoke English, not sure who's English she understood, but I had to describe in writing and a picture of what I wanted.  Then she said oh yes, and left.  Bought back a form I had to sign in doublet and said 100 baht please.  So, I did what I had to do, give up another 100 baht.  It took them over 15 minutes to get the two liner prepared and printed.  What a crock.  I have attached a copy.

Molly, Cubicle #2 I/O, took care of me.  She browsed through the information without looking closely at anything but the copy of my bank book to see the highlighted transactions for depositing the Foreign transfers, but only a cursory review, no detail.  Did not look at the Bank Statement or the letter. Thanked me for highlighting the copies (bank book, Bank Statement) and providing the transfer spread sheet.

I was done in about 15-18 minutes, including the next 90-Day Form.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2020, 05:14:20 PM »
Thanks, as always, Frank.  If it is OK with you, if you could e-mail me a copy of the bank letter, I can post a legible copy for everyone.  That would be very helpful.

A couple of things I am curious about:

1. BANK LETTER :  I understand that the bank letter must--for whatever bizarre reason--be dated the same day you apply for the extension.  Is that also the case for the copies of your statements? 

2.  BANK BOOK :  They have never been interested my bank book or copy even though I always bring them.  However, the last time I updated my book in the machine, it printed a new page on top of an existing page.  There were other glitches with the machine too.  It is not a useful document. I wonder how much of a problem that is going to be?

Tks, lah!

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2020, 05:35:58 PM »
REPLY TO Your Requests:

If it is OK with you, if you could e-mail me a copy of the bank letter, I can post a legible copy for everyone. 

REPLY: Of course, I can try.  It was a PDF copied letter that I used as the basis.  Not sure if I can do better.1. BANK LETTER :  I understand that the bank letter must--for whatever bizarre reason--be dated the same day you apply for the extension.  Is that also the case for the copies of your statements?

REPLY:  The bank statement takes 5 days to process and it is dated from what previous year's day you request until the date you submit the request as the most current.  Mine was until the 11th of August even though I picked it up on the 18th and then went to IMM.  You need to make sure the transfer for the month you are requesting the extension is identified and there is a transfer.  Also, you need a copy of the last page of entries of the bank book on the day you pick up the statement and it should be stamped with the bank stamp and the person's initial.  Also, yo need a copy of the 1st page of the bank book with the Bank Stamp on it.2.  BANK BOOK :  They have never been interested my bank book or copy even though I always bring them.  However, the last time I updated my book in the machine, it printed a new page on top of an existing page.  There were other glitches with the machine too.  It is not a useful document. I wonder how much of a problem that is going to be?

REPLY:  I had the same problem last year but then they used the bank statement.  You still need a copy of the bank book.