Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Any recent experience with iHerb?  (Read 502 times)

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Any recent experience with iHerb?
« on: July 05, 2020, 05:51:51 PM »
Any recent orders from iHerb the U.S. online vitamin company?

I am wondering if covid-19 has delayed orders from iHerb. I know one guy had a bad experience a coupe of months ago; it took a coupe months to finally get a package "gone missing" by DHL.  But if I remember, he said a second order went smoothly.  Anyone else?

Tks, lah!

fceligoj

• View Profile
Re: Any recent experience with iHerb?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 02:15:21 PM »
Rex, funny you bring that up.  After receiving the 2nd package at least a month before the 1st, I ordered again.  As I was awaiting for this new package, I again ordered another one.  (As you know, iHerb recommends that an order should be close to or less than 50USD so that customs would ignore.)  The first one is caught up in 'never never land' again and the 2nd package is already in Laksi, Bangkok, waiting to be shipped to Khon Kaen and delivered.

It seems that the problem is at the DHL Center (Deutsche Post) in Germany the intermediate stop coming out of California.  (No wonder DHL is no longer an Express Shipping/Delivery service in the US.)

So I guess it is hit or miss.  Maybe you need to get into the right 'zone to get priority' there in Germany.  Or, could it be some packages get sort out and placed in the container going to another country where it sits until someone takes action and sends it back to Germany.

It is a bit frustrating, and iHerb really takes no action to assist, says 'just wait' it'll arrive.  Right now they do say it is the pandemic that causes these unforeseen issues.

The one great thing about iHerb is getting the same brand name at a cost of at least 20-25% less from the States INCLUDING SHIPPING than getting that product here in Thailand.  the mark up here is ridiculous.

So you have to be patient.

fceligoj

• View Profile
Re: Any recent experience with iHerb?
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 02:21:51 PM »
Oh yes, since I thoroughly enjoy Chai Latte (just like most Starbucks have other than here in Thailand,)  you either have to make your own mixture of black tea and spices or do like I do, order from iHerb!

Also, if you hate having to use a Thai produced deodorant, then you can order an American brand from iHerb!

iHerb is not only for Americans and Canadians, an Australian friend, who lives in Thailand, orders vitamins and supplements from iHerb.