Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Urgent call for help  (Read 343 times)

russell17au

• View Profile
Urgent call for help
« on: May 30, 2020, 06:29:43 PM »
This is an urgent call to anyone who is between 17 and 60 who has "O" negative blood. Jerome Juliet is an American ex-pat and has suffered a heart attack and is in the Queen Sirikit Heart Hospital in the ICU and he urgently needs a blood transfusion of 3 pints of "O" negative blood and there is non available in Khon Kaen so if there is anyone out there that can help or knows someone that donate some blood then please help Jerome (Jerry)

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Re: Urgent call for help
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 06:52:18 PM »
Russell, I am afraid I am a tad older than 60, and I don't know my blood type, believe it or not.  Anyway, I hope people respond to this need.  I have posted on the Khon Kaen Forum facebook group.

screamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 11:04:00 PM »
I am O neg and have tried to donate blood in Thailand before as it is a very rare blood group.
Even when I was less than 60 they turned me down as I ate meat in the UK in the 1990s!
I couldn't give it in the UK as they class Thailand as malarial.

I'm back in the UK now otherwise I would have gone along.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 08:44:27 AM »
How is Jerome doing, Russell?

russell17au

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 12:15:32 PM »
They were moving him out of ICU into a private room. He is still bleeding from somewhere which they cannot find. This is possibly because of all the injuries that he had when he had that bad motorbike accident and he has many plates and screws in his body and when they gave him the blood thinning medication it is possible that something in there has started bleeding. There is still a call for "O" RH- blood and one of the problems that has come to light is that many Thai's cannot give blood because they have a very low iron count because of their diets. All we can do at the moment is to keep trying to find some donors with good blood.

russell17au

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2020, 08:38:53 PM »
Update on Jerry. He has been moved out of ICU and the bleeding has stopped so he is having an exploratory procedure to see if they can find where the bleeding had come from. To treat Jerry's heart attack they used blood thinners and anti-coagulates as medication and it is thought that the blood thinners found somewhere for the blood to leak out, when they stopped that medication his blood started to thicken again which slowed the leak and now it has stopped but they are afraid that it could start to leak again if they do not find the cause and fix it. He is a lot brighter because he is now complaining about the food. So at the moment there is no more blood needed. So thanks to everyone who offered to help.