Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: What's open as of 1 May 2020 ?  (Read 693 times)

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
What's open as of 1 May 2020 ?
« on: April 30, 2020, 02:09:43 PM »
I understand that the State of Emergency, lockdown and curfew are to remain in effect until  1 June 2020. I also read that there might be lifting of some of the restrictions, but I have not heard any announcements to that effect or how they might apply to Khon Kaen.

Anyone have any more current info?  Anyone know if Central Plaza and Tops will be open?

Tks, lah!

russell17au

• View Profile
Re: What's open as of 1 May 2020 ?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 05:19:37 PM »
Nothing changes until Sunday 3rd May

Six types of business and activities will be allowed to restart on May 3 (Sunday) when lockdown restrictions are eased, Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin, spokesman of the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), said on Thursday (April 30). Meanwhile the state of emergency will stay in place for another month, until May 31.

Strict standards of hygiene must be maintained, including frequent hand washing, wearing of masks, and social distancing, the CCSA said. Governors could tighten the measures if the situation in their province worsened.

The following six businesses and activities are permitted to restart on Sunday:

1. Markets. (Fresh markets, floating markets, community markets, walking streets, and street-vendor operations.)

2. Food shops outside malls, including drinks shops, ice-cream shops, and street food vendors.

3. Retail businesses including department stores, small restaurants (social distancing measures must be applied for sit-in customers), carts, vendors, and telecoms shops.

4. Sport and recreation areas including parks with the exception of team and competition sports, which remain banned.

5. Beauty salons (but only for cut, wash, and hair drying).

6. Pet salons and pet nurseries.
Taweesin added that the lockdown was being eased as a result of cooperation from all sectors, but the government will assess the situation every 14 days. If the rate of Covid-19 infections rises, the government will reapply the strict lockdown measures.

Meanwhile, the ban on sale of alcohol has been extended for another month, to May 31.Dr Sukhum Karnchanapimai, permanent secretary for health, warned that lifting state quarantine measures would result in another 10,000 cases of Covid-19. Meanwhile, an additional 20-30 new cases are forecast after restrictions are eased on Sunday.

Kalin Sarasin, chairman of the Thai Chamber of Commerce, added that clothes shops would also be allowed to open from Sunday under the same social distancing restrictions
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 07:24:46 AM by Rex (Admin) »

Realist

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 07:11:10 AM »
All entrances to Beung Kaen Nakhorn open this morning (Saturday), so a lot more people there than when they blocked off about a third of the entrances a few weeks back !

russell17au

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 08:26:06 AM »
There has now been a change in the selling of alcohol. As of 3rd May alcohol may be purchased for home consumption but not allowed to be consumed at restaurants or in groups or parties. If people obey these restrictions then other restrictions will be lifted but if people ignore these restrictions and it causes a spike in the number of Covid-19 cases then the restrictions will be re-applied but much stricter. The main thing is that this Covid-19 must be beaten using what ever restrictions that are needed.

retfed50

• Retired from US Government. Here since Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 08:10:14 AM »
Rex,

Tops has been open all along. I've been shopping there about once a week. I believe their hours are 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM. Banks are also open in Central.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2020, 04:51:31 PM »
Oh, for Pete sake!  Tks RetFed!

Trainspotter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2020, 02:31:00 PM »
Went to HomePro today.  The store is off limits to the public, but there were staff outside at the east doorway entrance.  They were able to fetch my item while I waited.  They do not accept credit cards, so you can pay using QR code or PromptPay via smartphone.  Initially they refused taking cash, but the manager later told me that would be okay.  They did not know when they will be reopening proper, but the manager stated that branches in some other provinces have already done so.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2020, 05:03:24 PM »
Tks for this Trainspotter. Was the item something you had already ordered and was waiting for you to collect?  Or did you just as them to go and fetch a brown widget with three yellow gizmos?

Trainspotter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2020, 08:08:48 AM »
It was an item which I had not pre-ordered.  The trick is to show the staff a picture of what you want, or bring a similar item.  While I was waiting, a Swedish chap showed up with a broken control knob for a stove.  After ten minutes, the staff came out and gave him a free replacement.  I have always been very impressed with the customer service at Homepo.