Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: KK Immigration  (Read 1041 times)

martin

• View Profile
Re: KK Immigration
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2020, 01:31:31 PM »

Whether or not 90-Day reporting is suspended, I just did my 90-Day, due on 5th. May, at 12.44 pm today on mobile phone app.

No problems at all and approval with next report date was instantaneous.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2020, 03:06:54 PM »
Tks for sharing this, Martin.  Are you talking about an android app for your phone?  Where do you get it?

martin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2020, 05:38:20 PM »
I use iPhone and the app. is called "Immigration eService" in AppStore.

I suppose if you searched the Android equivalent of AppStore using that name, you'd find it pretty quickly. It's FREE on iPhone at least, easy to install and, for me, has worked very well.

It's basically the same as the website mentioned earlier in this thread but, perhaps, a bit easier to use.

It used to take some time to get registered but I believe it's much quicker these days. I think registration is dealt with through KK Immi. rather than some remote central office.

While you're searching, you might see an app. called "Section 38" which allows you - or, more accurately, your HouseMaster (although I do the necessary, in English, on behalf of my HM, my wife) - to do TM30 online. I've used it only once and that, too, was trouble free.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2020, 05:57:14 PM »
Tks Martin.  Very strange.  Android app is in GooglePlay.  Downloads and installs OK.  But when I try to open it, I get the same timeout message I get from my pc. Very strange!  I'll try with 4G and see if that makes a difference. 

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2020, 08:44:36 PM »
Turned off WiFi and used mobile data and the apply allowed me to register and activate my account.  Strange!  Now get invalid password message. Maybe it takes awhile.  Try again tomorrow.

avvocato

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2020, 11:49:29 AM »
Here is my odessey in the online 90 day reporting world:1. Tried using my lap top (PC) with Internet Explorer browser. FAIL. after I filled in the first screen and submit the message to contact my local immigration bureau came up. (Over and over.)2. Same as above using Firefox browser.
3. Tried the Mac app on my Ipad. After I filled in the form, I hit submit, would not submit (Timing out error message that showed up less than 3 seconds after submittal (over and over).4. Tried the Phone app (Android). Could not sign in error in username or password message. Over and over.
5. Tried the laptop again with Chrome browser. Everything went through and got immediate (quicker than the screen changing) approval. Printed out next appointment and I'm good to go. ::) No. 4 sounds similar to Rex's issue with not recognizing password. Good luck brother!

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2020, 01:48:22 PM »
I was able to access and use the site via 4G on my phone. But not via WiFi or fiber optic internet on my p/c.

The problem you might be having, Avvocato, is that the system will reject your application if you file sooner than one week prior to your report date, but no later than 14 days prior.   Unless I am missing something, I am completely screwed from using this process because it asks for your arrival card number and date.  I have not left Thailand in a long time, so the date on my arrival card is years old.

Perhaps there is some other explanation, but guess I'll got to Imm tomorrow and get it out of the way. I suspect that I am not required to report until 31 July, but there is enough ambiguity with what I have read on ThaiVisa.com that I don't want any problems or a fine if I put it off.

screamer

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2020, 04:53:09 PM »
I am in the UK at the moment with a multi O-A visa stamped to 3rd June.
I guess I will lose that when I next get to Thailand after that date.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2020, 05:12:29 PM »
Dunno Screamer.  However, even if the amnesty applied to your situation of being out of the country, the extension is only until 31 May.  Please wait for someone who know for sure, but my guess is you lose your visa.  Is there anything the Thai consulate can do for you over there?  Also, follow the news carefully to be sure there will be flights available and allowed into the country on the date you plan to travel.

screamer

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2020, 06:21:51 PM »
Thanks Rex.
I had to cancel my flight at the end of last month and won't book anything until any uncertainty has gone.

russell17au

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2020, 08:37:43 AM »
Rex, even thou your arrival card is years old it is still the latest one that is on your data record and it is still valid.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2020, 03:15:03 PM »
Yes, of course. It has never been a problem in my years of (in person) extensions and 90 Day Reports. But I have no idea how smart the mobile app is.   All I remember for sure is the error message about me inputting the wrong date. But the only date I entered as the on on my arrival card.  Maybe the app is really smart and realized I was applying later than 7 days prior.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2020, 07:25:18 PM »
Rex, probably not your fault.  I was told that if the data the I/O had entered into the database, whenever (maybe the first time under that arrival card) may be the issue.  If what you enter is not EXACTLY what they have in the database, it will respond with the error message, but with no explanation.

ridge runner

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2020, 07:32:02 PM »
Rex if like me you have not left Thailand in the last few years, then you cannot use the online 90 day. They did not load the information for anyone that had arrived prior to the new cards with the bar code. My last entry was 2005, not sure when they changed to the new cards. I have no reason to leave so will keep doing mine in person.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2020, 09:54:40 PM »
Tks RR!  I figured that was the problem, but nice to have it confirmed. My arrival card is from 2005 as well,  I have it laminated with sticky tape, but it is still getting to be an oldie moldie!