Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: The Competition is Heating Up (with Internet Providers)  (Read 142 times)

fceligoj

• View Profile
The Competition is Heating Up (with Internet Providers)
« on: March 26, 2020, 11:31:06 AM »
We received our monthly statement from True.  My wife couldn't understand why the billing amount was 100 baht higher.  So, she called.  The customer service repr explained to her that she had ordered (and got) a True Android box, extra fee was 50 baht per month.  The first 50 baht was the charge for the previous month where they had not bill her.

So, while she was on the phone with the Repr, the person told her they could give us the new promotion, of 599 baht per month vs what we were paying, 799 baht per month.  (Unless you stay on top of all this, they do NOT inform you of these promotions.

So, then she also checked 3BB since we have both services (this is a God send since if you lose one, you likely will not lose the other.)  And yes, we can increase the speed from 400/400 to 1000/500 for less money.  Yes, you have to signup for a 1-year contract but we are going to be here for the duration anyway.

I think these 2 companies are feeling the pressure of the AIS push into the market!

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Re: The Competition is Heating Up (with Internet Providers)
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 10:16:58 PM »
Wow!  Cool!  Can you install apps from Google Play Store on your True Android Box?  A couple of years ago, I switched from 3BB to AIS to take advantage of their android box and TV package.  At that time, you could install the third-party apps you wanted.  After several months, however, they rescinded the ability to do that while keeping the charges the same.  I cancelled the package, returned the boxes, and now just use a commercial android box. No charges for that, and I can watch plenty of shows and movies.

Was just speaking to a friend in Taiwan.  They have unlimited 4G for B600 per month, and he says it is lightning fast and coverage everywhere on Taiwan.

Cheers,

Rex

fceligoj

• View Profile
Re: The Competition is Heating Up (with Internet Providers)
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 11:49:52 AM »
The True box belongs to my wife and she said, yes, you can go to Google Play and download apps.

She really doesn't use it.  but it was a very big special so she got it.  If you didn't get it at the time, the promotion was gone.  So, 50 baht a month was not a big deal!