Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Tops open ?  (Read 103 times)

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Tops open ?
« on: March 25, 2020, 12:05:23 PM »
Supermarkets and pharmacies are supposed to remain open.  However, I wonder if the Tops at Central Plaza will be open and if they will allow access to Central Plaza to visit Tops and the pharmacies? I don't relish the thought of waiting on line in the cramped quarters of Dr. Ton Pharmacy to refill my meds. I don't like gong there in any case with people coughing and sneezing and waiting on line for 10 min.

I wonder if you can sort it out with Grab to collect and deliver meds? I have never used them before.

fceligoj

• View Profile
Re: Tops open ?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 12:49:17 PM »
On the Pharmacy issue, maybe you can call ahead and have your prescriptions ready for drive-by pickup.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 12:57:30 PM »
Tks. Frank.  If I could speak Thai, that might be an option, assuming the taxis are still running. That is why I was asking about Grab. I know they do deliveries, but I don't know how the system works or if they can do things like pick up and deliver. 

I lost my assistant several months ago who used to easily sort out all this kind of stuff for me.  But without Fon, I can't even do the obvious thing of calling Tops to ask if they will be open.  I doubt it, but it would have been worth the phone call.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 01:47:47 PM »
I just found these guys online  "Bangkok Drug Store"  info@bangkokdrugstore.com

The website looks alright, to the extent that you can tell anything from a website.  I have e-mailed them with my list and asking about items not on the website.  Prices are fine.  We shall see what we shall see.

BTW, says N95 masks out of stock.  Has anyone bought masks recently?

Cheers.

Rex

russell17au

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 02:49:39 PM »
Rex, the taxis are still running. One just did a pick up of a passenger a couple of doors away