Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Transportatin in Khon Kaen from 23 Apr ???  (Read 205 times)

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Transportatin in Khon Kaen from 23 Apr ???
« on: March 24, 2020, 08:50:08 AM »
Anyone know (for sure) what transportation is available during the lockdown?  Taxis, tuk-tuks, songteaws?

Tks, lah!

russell17au

• View Profile
Re: Transportatin in Khon Kaen from 23 Apr ???
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 02:15:41 PM »
Hi Rex, this morning we had to go to the ministry of health offices and we saw a few songteaws and tuk-tuks running around but did not notice taxis but then we could not miss seeing the songteaws or the tuk-tuks by the way they were driving. Songteaws very slow and the tuk-tuks like your everyday Thai driving idiot. The thing that I did notice was the Immigration smart car patrolling slowly past McDonalds near Makro so maybe they are using that to see if any restaurants have sitting in customers as well as illegals

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 02:38:50 PM »
There has been nothing on the Thai social network about public transportation during this time.

russell17au

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 02:59:58 PM »
I have not seen anything on any of the regional notices about any restrictions on the public transport in and around Khon Kaen. I think the only thing at the moment is the temperature taking at number 3 bus terminal before you board a bus for further afield but as far as I can see there has been no official restrictions put on the songteaws, tuk-tuks or taxi's