Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Farang who don't wear face masks should be kicked out of Thailand!  (Read 1695 times)

russell17au

• View Profile
Re: Farang who don't wear face masks should be kicked out of Thailand!
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2020, 03:38:53 PM »
But, Frank, go back to the original photo of the minister hold the bare masks in his bare hands and he is getting upset because someone refused to take one of his dirty unprotected masks from his dirty unprotected hands. If anyone should be upset it is the people who the Health Minister is trying to give these dirty masks to. I would refuse to take one of these masks from him also. He should have offered the box of masks to the people to take the mask themselves. As a Health Minister he is a disgrace and should have known better.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2020, 05:20:35 PM »
So you are embellishing the story without knowing how the masks were being handed out, right?  Did you see any pictures of him handing out the masks by, as you say, his dirty hands?  Maybe they were each wrapped in a sanitary sleeve for all we know.  The picture just shows him holding two masks.  Are there any pictures of him handing out the masks in an unsanitary way?  If he wasn't smart enough, his cadre of people would know, and they were the ones probably handing out the masks not him.  I'll bet they all were wearing gloves.  Anyway, the tourists should have taken the masks and then thrown them away, if they did not want them.  It would have been the smartest thing to do.

But who cares.  We are here and I doubt if many of us use the masks ourselves!  Even the workers in Makro are not wearing masks, the last time I was there.  Same when you go to the petro station to buy gas or diesel.  Same when you go to many of the 7/11's.  A majority of Thais don't use them, and if they do, it is most likely so they don't breathe in particulate matter.

Closer to home.  What about at Immigration?  Has anyone gone to Immigration lately for a 90-day Report or an extension or an FM30, etc?  If they are wearing masks, we'll probably have to do the same.

LungBing

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2020, 07:25:08 PM »
I was there Tuesday.  Very busy, but thank heavens desk 3 was doing 90 day reports only, so I was in and out quickly.  Only two other desks were open for visas etc.  All officers were wearing masks and had a jar of some sort of hand cream.  About half the people waiting were wearing a mask.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Re: Face Masks
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2020, 05:52:24 PM »
I am posting this as a report. I am not trying to make a point one way or the other.

Today, Sat 15 Feb 2020, visited Central Plaza. Busy traffic in town, but that is not too unusual for a Saturday. I arrived at the mall before noon and the attendance seemed lighter than usual, but the place wasn't deserted or anything. Got a window seat at Skizzler with no problem. By the time time I left, 90 minutes later, it had filled up considerably.

Anyway, I doubt that 1% of people at the mall were wearing face masks.  For whatever that's worth.