Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: US Citizens Emergency Contact List  (Read 61 times)

Trainspotter

• View Profile
US Citizens Emergency Contact List
« on: January 14, 2020, 04:31:05 PM »

I am a US Embassy volunteer (known as Citizen Liaison Volunteer or CLV in short) for the Khon Kaen area.  As such, I act as a point of contact for American citizens and the Embassy.

As a CLV, Id like to maintain a contact list of Americans whom I could easily call in an emergency or local/national crisis.  This list is kept completely confidential by me and is NOT provided to the Embassy.  This is entirely voluntary, and individuals are NOT required to provide contact information for any reason.

If you wish to add your name and number to the list, or if you have any questions, please send a PM.

I can assist with situations such as:
   visiting and assisting you in hospital or detention;
   alerting the Embassy if you have been hospitalized or arrested;
   updating you with information from the Embassy in a time of local or national crisis (natural disaster, political unrest, etc.);
   helping relatives or friends contact the Embassy in the case of a US citizen death;
   passing messages from family members in the United States to local US citizens whom the family are having difficulty locating.

To verify the information in this post, I can provide a copy of my appointment letter as a Citizen Liaison Volunteer (CLV) for the US Embassy.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers, TS
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 06:40:42 AM by Trainspotter »