Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Seeking Air Con Repair (2019)  (Read 874 times)

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Seeking Air Con Repair (2019)
« on: September 30, 2019, 04:26:22 PM »
The aircon in my bedroom is not blowing cold air.   My aricon service contacts are all stale now.  A referral would be appreciated.  However, unfortunately, I no longer have my English speaking assistant, so the guy has to have enough English just to get through a basic transaction.

Referrals much appreciated.

Tks, lah!

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Re: Seeking Air Con Repair (March 2020)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 12:43:40 PM »
Anyone have a contact for an aircon guy who speaks enough English to conduct business.  Much appreciated!

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Mr. Nuke AirCon Repair
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 01:08:42 PM »
I got a referral from Paul on the Khon Kaen Forum facebbook page.  Thanks, Paul!

Mr. Nuke
063 421 1563

THE GOOD NEWS

1. Good communication in English on LINIE to set up the appointment. Apparently he deals with written very well, but not spoken, unfortunately.

2. Two guys arrived right on time. Knew exactly what to do, and got the job done in a couple of hours without incident"*

Prices seem to be standard.  I don't know what had failed on the first aircon, was relieved, it could have been much more expensive.

500 Repair one aircon
490 Clean one aircon
490 Clean one aircon

1,480 baht total

*THE BAD NEWS

The boys used a rarely-used bathroom to fill their buckets with water and whatever. At some point, apparently the lever on the ass sprayer attached to the toilet had degraded and broke which meant that water was spewing out freely.  No shut off valve in the bathroom!

So, how do they deal with this problem?  They correctly deduced that if they shut off the  water pump, the water would not reach the 2nd floor. So, they went downstairs. located the switch for the pump, and shut it off. They went back upstairs, decided the problem was solved, closed the bathroom door, didn't say anything to me, collected their pay, and said their goodbyes.

So, later, I turn on a tap upstairs and there is no water.  Shit! Happily, I identified that the problem was the pump switch had been turned off.  Switched back on.  Soon, I began the hear the water spewing in the upstairs bathroom, went up there, opened the door to see the floor flooded with water and the ass sprayer spewing away!

OK.  Identified the problem. Back downstairs.  Shut the pump switch. Searched the house for a spare ass sprayer.  No luck! Thankfully, there is a little hardware store bicycle distance from my house.  Quick trip there and back. Replaced the ass sprayer.

What a shame!  These guys did really good work with a fair price. But how would they expect me to recommend them after their childish behavior with the ass sprayer!  Sigh!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 01:11:14 PM by Rex (Admin) »