Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: New Big C SuperCenter on the Bypass  (Read 344 times)

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
New Big C SuperCenter on the Bypass
« on: September 22, 2019, 07:18:29 AM »
On my bicycle ride last week, I passed by a  site that has been under construction for a long time. Now it is recognizable as a new Big C Super Center. It looks like it is nearing completion but I guess there is no way to tell exactly when that will be.  It is on the (wink-wink) Bypass, approximately opposite SC Global.

Aren't you just too excited?

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
New Big C SuperCenter on the Bypass is OPEN already, lah!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 08:42:57 AM »
Apparently it is open already, lah! This late-breaking from Ian on Khon Kaen Forum Facebook group.  Tks, Ian!

Quote from: Ian on Khon Kaen Forum facebook group
only took about 8 months to build from scratch & opened last weekend. Not been in so IMO it was a fairly quick build for a brand new development.

fceligoj

• View Profile
Re: New Big C SuperCenter on the Bypass
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 04:06:06 PM »
Stopped by yesterday.  It is a nice clean store.  It is laid out a bit differently then the one on Mittraphap.  I also could not find the automotive section or the DIY section, didn't ask.  The bakery seemed to be a quite bit smaller too.

russell17au

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 05:47:22 PM »
Frank, I have not been there yet but do you think the store is bigger than the one on Mittraphap or do you think it is smaller?

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2019, 06:48:35 AM »
The new store is one story so everything is on the same floor including all the shops and restaurants that you normally see surrounding these large grocery stores.  Overall, it seems the BigC part is smaller than the Mittraphap Road one.

kkbill

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2019, 08:04:31 AM »
The parking lot design could use a serious re-think.

LungBing

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2019, 02:33:07 PM »
We went there this week for the first time.  Handier than going down Mittrapharp but suffers the usual Thai  disregard for its customers.    Lots of staff wandering around doing nothing but only two checkouts open with queues at both.  I bought a pack of ham and when I opened it the next day  I had to wash each slice as it was slimy as if it had been stored in the heat, note that it was well within its best by date.  And as kkbill mentions above I hope they redesign the  way out of the car park, but as that would benefit the customers I won't hold my breath.