Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Tai Chi / Chi Gong / Kung fu  (Read 132 times)

Adam Joseph

• View Profile
Tai Chi / Chi Gong / Kung fu
« on: September 07, 2019, 06:36:17 PM »
Chinese internal martial & healing arts

Taiji Boxer Society

We teach Tai Chi / Chi Gong/ Kung Fu

Adults & Childrens Classes Available

Classes starting soon!

M +61 487 235 489

E adamjosephgleeson@outlook.com

« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 06:41:11 PM by Adam Joseph »

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Re: Tai Chi / Chi Gong / Kung fu
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 07:02:53 PM »
Hello Adam.  Will you be having classes in Khon Kaen?  Do you have more more info?

Adam Joseph

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 01:17:08 PM »
Dear Rex

Nice to meet you! Yes I will be holding classes in Khon Kaen. The starting date is to be announced.
Private tuition and workshops are available also.

I teach Yang family tai chi chuan in the lineages of yang Cheng fu and
Yang Shao hou. So there is opportunity for students to learn for health purposes and as the system
was originally intended as a martial art. I teach the yang Cheng fu 108 long form and standard Beijing 24 form. I also teach the yang lu chan old yang form and the yang shao hou fighting forms or cannon fist large san sau. Push hands and fighting drills are incorporated also and sanda kickboxing. The chi gong is the 8 section brocade or Ba Duan Jin. Interested students can also learn arnis and aikido.

Please feel free to email me at adamjosephgleeson@outlook.com and I look forward to discuss further with you

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 09:38:32 AM »
Hi Adam.  Thank for the info.  I am a little off my game these days, but I have practiced "Shibashi" (Old ladies doing slow-mo QiGong in the park at dawn)  for a number of years. I was lucky to have workshop in Bangkok with Sifu Wing many years ago before he stopped visiting Thailand. Other than that have had no training beyond DVDs.  I am sure my form sucks. Also, I am a "heretic" in that I am I have no interest "Qi", just doing movement as a mind-body mindfulness practice.

There is a lot of yoga in town and a couple o Tae Kwon Do schools in Khon Kaen, but the last time I checked, no interest in TaiChi or other martial arts (other than, of course, Muay Thai.

Good luck with your project.  Post here often and let us know how things are going.

Cheers,

Rex