Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Car Rental  (Read 112 times)

avvocato

• View Profile
Car Rental
« on: August 13, 2019, 07:50:02 AM »
The only thread on car rentals in this forum are nearly four years old:
http://khonkaenforum.net/index.php?topic=278.msg981#msg98
1so I started a new thread.My wife had a car accident on Saturday. When the body parts come in, the shop will take the car for repairs for about two weeks. We need to rent a car for this period.Any first hand RECENT experience with how to proceed? What kind of Insurance or Collision Damage Waiver coverage is available?
Any help is appreciated: thanks!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 08:21:35 AM by avvocato »

fceligoj

• View Profile
Re: Car Rental
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 05:37:23 PM »
There are places around the Pullman Hotel.  I have never rented from any, but a friend of mine has with good success.

Personally, I go to Thai Rent-A-Car anywhere in Thailand.  Included in the price is 1st Class Insurance.  there are several optional insurance coverages that they offer.  They may have several promotions available.  Go online. www.thairentacar.com.  If you cannot find what you want, then call them, especially have your wife talk to them.  I think there is aLove thai promotion that may save you some money (Thai ID and Credit Card.)

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 05:42:38 PM »
Another thought.  Go on the Air Asia website and scroll near the end and look for their partner.  It should say something like Car Rental Agencies.  I don't think you need an airline reservation to rent one of the available cars.  Could get a good price.

You'll need to pick up at the airport.

kkbill

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 07:11:04 AM »
When our car is in the shop or we have too many incoming guests that more than fill our small car we have used CaFlexi   https://www.carflexi.com/en-us  which has given us the best rates on the last three or four rentals we have done. Usually the rental car comes from ThaiCar Rental. Last time we rented -about 2 months ago- the ThaiCar rental agent suggested that I just call her directly and she would give me the same  rate - of course I wouldn't know the rate unless I had gone to CarFlexi first

avvocato

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 11:19:03 AM »
Thank you gents.  Appreciate it.