Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: WINDOW 10 - Major Update  (Read 55 times)

fceligoj

• View Profile
WINDOW 10 - Major Update
« on: August 08, 2019, 08:07:13 AM »
I would imagine most of you who purchased the 'legal' version of Window 10 have received the notice that the current version would not be supported after May, 2020.  So, you needed to allow Microsoft update your computer.

The first issue I ran into was the need to update the Intel's RST memory app BEFORE Microsoft could update 10.  (I have a Dell Inspiron 15.)  After several weeks of procrastinating (actually concerned that I would not be able to do it myself and screw up my machine), but finally I did what Microsoft instructed me to do.  Simple case!!

Then I saw how long it took my wife's computer to update her '10', over ONE HOUR!

Then it was my turn.  Yep, did it without any help.  It took my computer ONE AND ONE-HALF HOURS to do the update.

That was Wednesday.  Today, Thursday, Microsoft issued a minor update that required restarting the computer, both hers and mine.

All is good!
So now, I am up and operating as usual.  Seems that the applications are running a bit faster (not the initial start up.)

screamer

• View Profile
Re: WINDOW 10 - Major Update
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 08:53:40 AM »

[font=]"update the Intel's RST memory app BEFORE Microsoft could update 10"[/font]

[font=]I didn't get that, I think I was just looking for updates and let it go through when it said there was a W10 update.[/font]
[font=]It took 4 hours!!![/font]

[font=]If anyone is doing this and sees a screen saying "downloading-100%" and it seems to have frozen at this point, it hasn't, just leave it for as long as it takes.[/font]

[font=]My laptop is an Acer bought in Central Plaza about 4 months ago.[/font]