Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Health check  (Read 77 times)

UK1

• View Profile
Health check
« on: June 11, 2019, 08:04:34 PM »
I am in KK in the next few weeks and i am wanting to do a full health check while i am in KK. Is Ratchaphruek Hospital still the place for health checks reading from other posts. Also in the Ratchaphruek Hospital is the smart business program still available. I have just looked on there website and no info about health checks when i click on the tab. Any info of the best place to go and also reports made in English .

fceligoj

• View Profile
Re: Health check
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 10:43:34 PM »
I have done mine initially at Rachapruek Hospital, but last several times I have gone to Srinagarind Hospital.

Ratchapruek was so impersonal while Srinagarind not only did the complete blood work but also the stool check, a chest X-Ray and a consultation with a doctor who spoke excellent English.

Ratchapruek you went in, never saw a doctor, the nurse did the tests, no stool or no X-Ray.  You were told to come back in several hours for your results, nothing else.  There was no review, etc., with a doctor.

Srinagarind was very proactive.

If asked, I would recommend Srinagarind Hospital.  (And the price was very reasonable.)

Trainspotter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 10:46:01 AM »
fceligoj:

How long was your initial waiting time at Srinagarind, and then how long did you need to wait for the results?  Thanks, TS

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 03:53:39 PM »
There was an in processing station where you gave your name and address and other items, age, the tests you wanted to take (option 1, 2, or 3). No appt was necessary for the normal procedures.  If you do the extensive one (loke Opto 3), they will set up an appt.  You then sat and waited with about 5-7 people ahead of you.  About every 5 minute the next person was called to have their weight, height and BP checked.  Your were then told to proceed down the hall to the next station.  I think that was for your stool and urine samples.  You then waited for the next available technician to take your blood sample (about 4-5 minutes.)

After that was complete your were told to go up one floor to X-Rays where you provided a technician the order, then told to proceed to the X-Ray room, which that took another several minutes.

All-in-all less than 30 minutes total, very professional.

You then took your paperwork back to the nurses station who then took your package to billing and the cashier.  Once they called you to pay and got your receipt, back to the nurses station where you were told it would take about 2 hours before all the results would be available or you could come back later that day if you did not want to stay.  We went out and had lunch.

Since parking is a premium around the hospital, my wife dropped me off and went to find a place to wait.

Went back to the nurse station, who directed me to an examination room where a doctor was waiting.  He reviewed the results including the X-Ray.  Had a short chat and off I went.  The nurse provided me with all the results.  Of course, I had to wait a few minutes for my wife to come back.

About what you would expect from a Western hospital.

But it is still your decision on where to go.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 05:57:00 PM »
I have only been to Ratchaphruek one time, years ago before the rennovations/renewal. I was neither overly impressed nor turned off, "hasip-hasip." I do seem to recall it being dimly lit and kind of dingy. But maybe that was just my mood at the time?

However, I have heard that the new Ratchaphruek is completely different and 1000% better, both in terms of the physical facilities, the service and the attitude. In fact, I heard that it was so nice that people had to wait for non-urgent appointments.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

Tks, lah!