Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Any good psychologist or psychiatrist at Khon Kaen ?  (Read 139 times)

aligator

• View Profile
Any good psychologist or psychiatrist at Khon Kaen ?
« on: June 10, 2019, 10:15:00 AM »
Hi, is there any psychologist at Khon Kaen or anyone can recommend me a good psychiatrist please ? Cheers

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Re: Any good psychologist or psychiatrist at Khon Kaen ?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 04:25:18 PM »
Are you looking for "talk therapy"?  In what language?  I seriously doubt you will find that, especially, in English in Khon Kaen.  There are psychiatrists at all the major hospitals who speak passable to fluent English. These are people you would primarily consult for medication of some kind.  Whether they are "good" or not, I am afraid I wouldn't know. As with other doctors who work out of hospitals, I imagine most or all of them also have private practices.

If this is about you or someone you love, good luck.  I hope you feel better.

aligator

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 08:47:54 PM »
yes i talked about talk therapy, i heard there is a psychologist at
Srinagarin Hospital

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 07:42:40 PM »
This from Peter who is getting really beat up when he tries to post on the forum

Quote from: Peter
I've had no luck in tracing any psychologists at Srinagarind, but I have found this on the internet and will post on the thread for 'Alligator' to follow up:
 https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Jintana_Singkhornard

STEVO 62

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 02:16:48 PM »
Hello on the forum    i'm new here , not on other forums  but i just found this one  today  , i live in Khon Kaen  at times  but i cant say ive ever seen many westerners there  - hardly any  in fact . Anybody know  if any Australians live in Khon Kaen area?   Read on the  post about Psychologists   needed  ( you really do need one on hand ) after  several years the Bloody Thais will do your head in, after 13 years of visiting Thailand  and living there for  long periods , i still cant work them out  lol ! 

screamer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 02:24:56 PM »
Hello on the forum    i'm new here , not on other forums  but i just found this one  today  , i live in Khon Kaen  at times  but i cant say ive ever seen many westerners there  - hardly any  in fact . Anybody know  if any Australians live in Khon Kaen area?   Read on the  post about Psychologists   needed  ( you really do need one on hand ) after  several years the Bloody Thais will do your head in, after 13 years of visiting Thailand  and living there for  long periods , i still cant work them out  lol !

Mostly 'cos they don't communicate :(

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2019, 05:54:04 PM »
Reply to Stevo62.  I am an American, Steve (I guess that is your first name.)  I play golf with a group called ISSAN GOLF ASSOC.  It was started by several Aussies, and I would  bet that at least 1/2 of us are Aussies with almost the rest of the group being UK with a couple of Danes in the mix, and right now, I am the only American.

If you are a FACEBOOK type then there is an "Expats in Khon Kaen".  If you can sift through alot of 'where is this?', 'I need this or that', and 'I have a restaurant' you will see there are quite a few Westerners.

Anyway, welcome.

Regards, Frank

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2019, 07:26:18 PM »
There are many expats in Khon Kaen Province. However, we are kind of spread out from each other, and there isn't much of a centralize area where expats go and hang out. Before the internet made life easier,  there was more of a need, I think, for centralized falang hangouts. Years ago, there was a lot of activity around the Tuckom area; several expat bars and restaurants. Sevens Corner wasn't far away and, of course, Number One Bar a bit further. Most of those places are no more.  Still some action around there I guess (can anyone confirm?), but not like the "old dys."