Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Walk in X-ray clinic  (Read 221 times)

kkbill

• View Profile
Walk in X-ray clinic
« on: May 31, 2019, 09:09:18 PM »
I'm having my joints and spine updated with replacement parts which seem to be working out well. I have a follow-up appt on the spine at Sririnigard in 3 wks.. Prior to seeing my Dr I'll be off to X-ray for some spinal shots - while there I thought I'd ask them to shoot my left knee and hip as I think they are next along for repair. I called the hospital today and asked if I could do the X-ray add-ons but no dice. Rather than wait 3+ wks and have my Dr write an order for the shots I'd like to show up with my own films hence the need to know if there is a clinic somewhere in town where I can just walk in and tell them what I want.

Anyone know of such a place? Thanks

screamer

• View Profile
Re: Walk in X-ray clinic
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 01:10:23 PM »
I hope not. There has to be some control over radiation.

retfed50

• Retired from US Government. Here since Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 07:08:12 PM »
There is one on Klang Muang Rd., north of the old air-conditioned bus station. Its on the east side of the road. There is a lab where you can get blood work done and the x-ray lab next door. Its been a while since we used them but if I remember correctly, the x-ray part is only open at lunch time and in the evenings as the radiologist also works at one of the local hospitals. I think the name is Khonkaen Lab. We used them a few times and never had a problem.

kkbill

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 08:41:52 PM »
Screamer - Yes, point taken.
Retfed, Thanks. My wife found it on a KK Thai site . You have the name correct. Address is 21 KlangMuang on the right (east) side as you head away from town.Blood work is done in the morning, X-Rays and Ultrasound  in the evenings. Evening hours are 6:3opm until 9 (I think). We were advised when we called earlier to show up at 7pm as the Dr and staff often arrive late as was the case last night. They arrived at 7:10. Not busy only 2-3 customers ahead of us. The place is barebones, dated, a bit cramped and not ritzy to say the least. Prices are reasonable: 200THB per film. After the actual X-ray there is someone who 'reads' it and types up a report in English. Telephone is 043 239136
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 08:45:11 PM by kkbill »