Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: What are current Khon Kaen Immigration requirements for marriage visa?  (Read 1175 times)

russell17au

• View Profile
Re: What are current Khon Kaen Immigration requirements for marriage visa?
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2019, 08:56:32 PM »
I would say with that one Rex, you would have a work permit plus you would have tax documents so I think it would be a different scenario. I can only say what my experience is with both the retirement extension using all the methods, seasoned money, income and combination methods plus changing over to the marriage extension using the income method as I have my reasons not to have the seasoned money tied up in a Thai bank.

Kajornsak

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2019, 11:53:25 AM »
What if you are married and employed and earning money in Thailand.  Do they still want an additional B40K monthly deposit from offshore?
No, just 40k + per month.

Kajornsak

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2019, 12:14:22 PM »
I would say with that one Rex, you would have a work permit plus you would have tax documents so I think it would be a different scenario.
Yes you need to show  your tax forms.

Kajornsak

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2019, 08:52:19 PM »
So what kind of docs. do I need from the bank? Is a 1 year statement enough, or do I need some kind of letter?
Haven't had a bank book for years, do they ask for that? My bank is Krung Thai.

russell17au

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2019, 05:43:42 PM »
As I have not had to go through that yet and I believe that you would get a number of different answers I would suggest that you pay the Immigration office of your area a visit at ask them exactly what they require. I do believe that you need a statement plus a letter to state that the deposits have come from overseas plus many are saying that you also need a bank book that you do a transaction and a book update on the day that you apply for your extension, this one I am not sure about and that is the reason that I say go and visit the Immigration office and ask them, that way you will be pretty sure of everything.

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2019, 06:53:20 PM »
So what kind of docs. do I need from the bank? Is a 1 year statement enough, or do I need some kind of letter?
Haven't had a bank book for years, do they ask for that? My bank is Krung Thai.

Dude!  You must have a bankbook! In Thailand it is a serious document.  Or at least it was a few years ago when I lost mine. I had to go the police shop and sign papers and get a document form them before the bank would replace it.  It probably would have been easier just to close the account and open a new one.

As to whether Imm will want to see you bankbook, don't know.  I have heard that Imm wants to see a transaction made on the same day you apply [you would think that the previous day would be adequate], and the only way you could pull that off conveniently would be to make an online transaction, and then update your bankbook via one of the machines they have at major branches and at Central Plaza branches.  Or use a machine to make a small deposit and then update your book at the same time.

Can anyone confirm or add to this?

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2019, 07:04:59 AM »
I expect the marriage extension financial document requirements are similar to the retirement extension using the monthly income approach except the amount is only 40K/month.

Yes, you need to bring in you bank book and a copy with a most current deposit.  (I did it the same day when I picked up my 1-year statement since I was going to Imm the dame day.)  I requested the bank to provide me a stamped copy of that final page out of my bank book.  Getting the 1-year statement took 5 business days.

I did not need any letter of certification from the bank, just the 1-year statement showing all the international transfers (she suggested next year to highlight each of those transactions and provide a list of those payments which I could prepare myself.)

I expect you have to provide nonfinancial documents as required to reconfirm your marriage.  If it is your first time, you have to do the complete process including 2 'neighbors' and your wife having interviews plus the police report.

russell17au

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2019, 01:00:42 PM »
One of the big problems that you must be careful about and that is the bank book update. It has happened to me twice, once at the Central Plaza branch and once at the Sri Chan Road branch where the update machines did not continue from the last transaction but did an overwrite of the whole page so that it is impossible to read the transactions. I would advise that you go into the bank and do a deposit or a withdrawal and let the teller update your book. Do not trust the update machines. I have to do my extension in December and I do not know how Immigration will work this problem out as it is a problem that Bangkok Bank has caused. I will have a 12 month statement but they will still want to see the bank book.

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2019, 03:04:29 PM »
Russell, I had two problems in my bank book.  The first, if you do not go often to have the bank book updated, the bank, including the update machine will give you a summary, not the individual transactions, both deposits and withdrawals for the prior period how ever long it is.  The 2nd was the same as you identified, the overwrite.  I was concerned so I had done several of my own detailed printouts of my online access showing all the transactions.  Had to do it more than two times since the maximum list can only be 6 months long.  To make sure I had the detail, I also had the bank provide me with a 6-month period including the summary transaction items which were now fully detailed as part of my 'bank book' copy-cost 200 baht.  But Imm had no issue since they were more interested in the 1-year bank-provided statement.  They only looked at the bank book for the last page which included the most current transaction, a same day deposit of x baht.

PS. Even when I had the teller do it for me, she also did several transaction overwrites!!

If you have a retirement income, take along some proof of the monthly amounts of your pension (mine did not need to be certified.)  So, if they ask for any additional information, you can provide it to them.  Really helped me.  I have three income streams, 1) Government Social Security pension, 2) employer pension, and 3) my Individual Retirement Account that the USG requires a certain amount withdrawn every year.  (She was pleased that I provided them this information, even though it just became supporting documentation for my file and was never really reviewed.)

Like I said, when she was done, the supervisor just 'yelled' to the I/O that I was OK and to go ahead with the retirement extension.  Great words to hear.

Savannah20

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2019, 06:14:03 PM »
I have resorted to updating my bank book a few days before transferring money from an international source. No more "summaries" which mask the foreign transaction. Then I update it again shortly after the international transfer has occurred.

LungBing

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2019, 06:35:22 PM »
I update the book a few days after the monthly transfer.  It does fill up the book quickly though.  When I renewed earlier this month the first thing the Officer said was "why two bank books?"

TerryLH

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2019, 10:43:45 PM »
Does anyone know if you can get photos at the new immigration office like you could at the old one?
Terry

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2019, 06:12:33 PM »
Terry, I did not see any 'photo' studio in my visits to the Bus Station3 Imm Office.  Call them, 043 306 642.

TerryLH

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2019, 10:31:34 PM »
Thanks