Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: What are current Khon Kaen Immigration requirements for marriage visa?  (Read 318 times)

LungBing

• View Profile
I have the 800,000 needed but don't want to tie it up for months so after 18 years on a retirement extension I am going to go for a marriage extension.
Has anybody been recently and can tell me the  current Khon Kaen Immigration requirements for a marriage extension?  Mine is due in mid-September.
Thanks very much.

fceligoj

• View Profile

Since no one has responded to you, here is my suggestion.

A friend of mine just renewed his marriage extension, and the only item that was not required for the renewal but as it was for the initial was the interviews of 2 neighbors.

Anyhow, with all these issues with immigration being in a state of flux all the time, it probably would be better to go into the office and talk to the supervisor on what is needed to change from the retirement extension to the marriage extension.

I'd almost bet you that she would tell you to stick with the retirement one, easier to get.  (Really easier on them, since they do all the paperwork, etc, and then have to send the package to Khorat to get it approved.)

LungBing

• View Profile
But then I tie up 800,000 baht for 6 months and 400,000 for the other six months.

fceligoj

• View Profile
I know what you are saying, just passing on a comment that may be said to you when you go to Immigration about changing your extension type.

russell17au

• View Profile
Lungbing, I changed from a retirement extension to a marriage extension in Khon Kaen 2 years ago and there was nothing said about staying on the retirement extension. What was needed was the TM47 which is the same document as for the retirement extension, your passport and signed copies of your information page, the visa page, entry date stamp page and your previous extension page, your original marriage certificate and a signed copy, a recent Kor Ror 2 from the Amphur Office and a signed copy (mine was 6 weeks old and I was sent to get a more recent copy), 2 local witnesses from your area, at least 6 photos of you and your wife, 1 must be in front of the house showing the house number, the remainder of you and your wife together, some say that you need one in the bedroom but we never had to supply one of us in the bedroom, your wifes Thai ID card and a signed copy of the front and back of it, a hand drawn map of how to get to your house from a main street (I believe that they will accept a google map now but I would check to make sure). Expect to have a visit to your home by one of the officers who will talk to neighbours and take extra photos. That was about all I had to do and supply for my change from retirement to marriage extension 2 years ago. One of the things that might be different now is that all the work was done by the investigation branch which was located next to the old office in the police yard but I do not know whether you will be sent there or not. I would suggest that you call into the office at the bus station and ask them.

russell17au

• View Profile
Sorry Lungbing it should have read TM7 not TM47

LungBing

• View Profile
Thank you very much for your helpful reply.  I am still not certain which way to go.  I am loath to stop using the retirement extension just in case they increase the requirements in the hope that after so many years I would be grandfather in on the existing requirements.I'll talk it over with 'er indoors and see what we come up with between now and September.  Earlier in fact, if I have to move our joint savings to my sole name account to season it in time.

russell17au

• View Profile
The thing is with the extension on the basis of marriage you only have to season 400,000 for 2 months and you can draw it all out and use it and then replace it 2 months before your next extension. The other thing is that on the marriage extension there is no combination of income and seasoned money. You only have either income or seasoned money.

Savannah20

• View Profile
So russell17au, thanks for the info. What about the marriage extension, do you have to provide a new set of photos, a new hand drawn map etc. each year or is that just the first time and each yearly extension is about the same process as the retirement extension?

russell17au

• View Profile
I changed my address before my extension renewal so I provided 8 new photos of which 4 of them were given back to me plus I supplied a new map of where the new house was. You don't need any witnesses for the renewal only for the first extension. I did not do a hand drawn map I used a Google map (not in satellite mode) then used a ruler and pen to mark the location of the house and the access from the main road and that was accepted.