Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Vacume cleaners....What is Best or Worst to buy....  (Read 240 times)

Mudguard

• View Profile
Vacume cleaners....What is Best or Worst to buy....
« on: March 11, 2019, 02:44:22 PM »
Tremendous amount of daily dust from road works.....I av to buy a vac as broom or mop useless...Can anyone rec an excellent machine and or, what to avoid please...Cheers, Mudguard.. :)

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
Re: Vacume cleaners....What is Best or Worst to buy....
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 05:21:06 PM »
I wouldn't know, Mudguard. I suppose with modern electronics, they are all pretty much the same. Possibly, safer to stay with the more well-known brands. Are they rated by watts?  Whatever the rating is, get the highest you can afford ....

. . .  And get get the highest your house current can sustain.  We can't run one upstairs because it blows the circuits every time. Have to run a long extension cord to an outlet on the ground floor if we urgently need to vacuum upstairs.

Warning Will Robinson!  Warning!  Warning!  If you plan to have a Thai type person operate the thing, please ration their use.  Everyone one of the people I have had work for me LOVES damn noisy things and would run them 24/7 if I let them!  You have been warned!

Mudguard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 11:00:11 AM »
Thanks very much for the info...Some points I av been alerted to....Cheers, Mudguard.

retfed50

• Retired from US Government. Here since Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 06:17:31 AM »
We have a Hitachi canister vac that has worked just fine. It is 2100 watts which is powerful enough and picks up everything. It also has a HEPA filter. The problem with appliances here as opposed to those in the west, is that they are a bit on the small side. That means you will be emptying the dust container quite often. But it is easy to empty and to clean the filters. Also has an auto shut off when the container is full or if the unit overheats. All in all, we have been pleased with it. Think we bought it at Powerbuy.

Mudguard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 10:23:57 AM »
Thanks Retfed 50....I am hoping to get to PB  next week...Cheers...Mudguard..

Rex (Admin)

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Khon Kaen Forum
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 07:42:32 AM »
Vacuum cleaners suck! roll