Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Khon Kaen Forum!

Visit the Wild & Crazy Khon Kaen Forum Discussion Group on facebook

Author Topic: Residence Certificate  (Read 658 times)

Windy

• View Profile
Residence Certificate
« on: February 16, 2019, 05:46:23 PM »
Anyone requiring a residence certificate from immigration for a drivers license renewal, you can no longer just go to immigration and ask for one.

You first need to go to the office where you will get your licence renewed and they will give you a letter to immigration stating that they need proof of your address.

This then needs to be taken to the new immigration office (the window near the photo copier) and they will then give you a letter confirming your address to give to the license office.

There was no fee for the letters.

Sunset from my bedroom window

fceligoj

• View Profile
Re: Residence Certificate
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 06:49:27 PM »
So what you are saying Windy, a Yellow Tambien (Yellow Book) is no longer adequate for confirming your address.

parryhandy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 08:53:53 PM »
yes I did this last week . Just make sure the immigration officer bothers to sign the certificate as mine didn't and I had to go back to immigration again. They must be gutted at not receiving their under the table 500 baht anymore.

Windy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 03:42:54 PM »
So what you are saying Windy, a Yellow Tambien (Yellow Book) is no longer adequate for confirming your address.

No, I didn't mention a yellow book because I don't have one. I was talking about residence certificates.

Sunset from my bedroom window

russell17au

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 10:14:47 PM »
I wonder if I need a letter from the Amphur Office to get the Residence Certificate to be able to get my Yellow Tambien

fceligoj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 06:50:06 AM »

Russell, maybe.  It is too long ago since I got my Yellow Book, but I do remember having to go to the Royal Thai Police to get a letter.  Maybe it was a confirmation of address.  But all of you who might need a Residence Certificate, check out this website (the form):

http://www.thailand-info.be/residencecertificate.pdf

Also understand the certificate is only valid for 30 days.

russell17au

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 09:47:59 PM »
I have that form Frank, But you missed the point when I was asking whether I would have to go to the Amphur office and get a letter to give to immigration requesting a residence certificate. When I got my license I only had to go to immigration and request the certificate but Windy had to go to the Land Transport office first and get a letter for immigration requesting a residence certificate. It looks like what ever we need a residence certificate for now we are going to have to go to whoever we need the certificate for and get a letter off them before we go to immigration for the certificate.

retfed50

• Retired from US Government. Here since Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2019, 02:55:39 PM »
yes I did this last week . Just make sure the immigration officer bothers to sign the certificate as mine didn't and I had to go back to immigration again. They must be gutted at not receiving their under the table 500 baht anymore.

Just wondering what 500 baht you're talking about.

parryhandy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2019, 11:34:15 PM »
It was standard practice to charge for this free service in the past. I went a few years ago after the coup and asked for one for the purpose of obtaining a British passport (proof of address) where at first she pretended to have no clue as to what I was talking about. 20mins later and 500 baht lighter I left with said certificate.Looks like KK have linked it to the driving office so it can only be obtained for that purpose ??

russell17au

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2019, 09:49:39 PM »
I asked at the Amphur office about 9 months ago when we bought the house about a yellow house book and I was told that I needed a residence certificate. With the change that Windy listed I will have to go and find out if I need a letter from the Amphur office to give to immigration to get the residence certificate